extra ride extended warranty. Q's

davidamy

Hi has anyone used or heard of "extra ride" by protective. it is being pushed by the dealer on the new camper we just purchased.(a north country trail runner30usbh). it says that it covers chassis frame, suspension, brake system, seal and gaskets, water heater parts, range and oven, microwave, ect. looks ok but still some advice from someone who has been there done that would be helpfull. thanks and have a great summer outdoors.

GOTTOYS

Would you buy Health Insurance from a company you never heard of? Just another extended service contract (not a warranty) from a company not many people have heard of. Maybe they'll be around long enough to pay a claim, maybe not. Read the fine print and note what's covered that will NOT apply to your rig. These are HUGE profit producers for the dealers. Very, very few people come out on them. I'd save my money...Don

lwmcguir

All you might get is paying for a few things in advance and hope they cover it. No major coverage at all if you read the fine print. Some folks like this as they finance it. The dealer loves it as he gets the commission and maybe some kick back if you finance the warranty as well. MHO

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I'm not a fan of extended warranties BUT, if it's a reputable insurer, sometimes they can save in the long run. I think this is is more true for used motorized vehicles than trailers though. When I bought my truck used 4 years ago, I bought an extended policy. GE was the carrier and it helped us a little later down the road.