Demo Slide Ride Pin Box Experiences ?

ncc1701e

Hey Guys,

While overall we are pretty satisfied with the pulling characteristics of our unit (2800 RL), I'd still like to reduce some of the chucking some. If that is the correct term for the issue. After doing a little research, I'm thinking of replacing my current pin box with a Demco Slide Ride Pin Box ( http://www.demco-products.com/glideride.html ) and was wondering if anyone had experice with this type of pin box.

For reference:

Truck: 2011 F250 Extended Cab, 4x4, 6.2L Gas, 3:73 gears, Curt 20K hitch, 5k air bags (usally runing 15-20psi when pulling)

Trailer: 2011 Sundance 2800 RL Fifth Wheel

Tom

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
We love ours. I know lots of people prefer the air bag versions of pin boxes, but the simplicity of the Demco and pretty much maintenance free ownership appealed yo us.
Kristy

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Tom, the Mor/Ryde pinbox works the same way. Had ours for 4 years now and love it. Check them out at Tweetys.com. I paid $599.00 for mine with free shipping. It's another option for you.

porthole

Retired
The Demco and the Tri GLide work in a similar fashion, Using the weight of the trailer to keep the bottom plate centered using parallel bars attached to the top plate. The Demco video shows this with a "cut out" of the hitch.

The MOR/Ryde uses a bottom plate that slides along two polished rails, using a big rubber baby buggy bumper (not really) to keep the plate centered to the hitch. The BRBBB looks to be just one of MOR/Rydes independent suspension "springs".

With a heavier trailer and a sliding hitch I have found the Tri-Glide to be harsh and uncomfortable. I wish I could have returned it. Hitting the travel limits is enough to make you cringe.

The MOR/Ryde seems to quiet the ride down much better, and although I still hit the bump stops they are cushioned, so I don't feel the same "bang" I got with the Tri-Glide.

Deb has ridden in the trailer with both hitches and really does not like the Tri Glide.

The Demco looks to be a good product, just like the TrailAir, 5th Airborne and MOR/Ryde. I would try and get a "test ride" if you are thinking about doing this.

I know it is not in the same ball park, but the Trailer Saver comes with a 30 day "don't like it - return it, shipping included" policy. Must be a reason.

BTW, something for thought, when I head out to Goshen this year I will be looking to see if the "spring" in the MOR/Ryde can be upgraded like the axle springs.