Rear Hitch Mod

Hello everyone,
I just finished putting my rear hitch on my 5th wheel. It will work great for my fishing boat, bikes, and a platform. It was a little tricky designing something to get by my strongarms and scissor jacks. I went straight across the back and then added kickers that go back from under hitch to the frame on an angle. I also put a piece of steel straight across from were the kickers and frame meet. I figured it would add extra support and from twisting the frame. I do have a question. How do I tie in the electrical ? Did some investigating and it looks like each side of the coach is independent of each other at the tail lights. Took assembly out and stuck a piece of steel rod down the hole but it hits something. Do I need to rout the wiring outside of the coach on the fiberglass or am I missing something ? I'll post pictures later.

Later, Michigandsl

here are some photos I took today. Not the best, but maybe take some more tomorrow with real camera instead of the one on my phone.
039.jpg
kicker bar and bar straight across

rick_debbie_gallant

Hello everyone,
I just finished putting my rear hitch on my 5th wheel. It will work great for my fishing boat, bikes, and a platform. It was a little tricky designing something to get by my strongarms and scissor jacks. I went straight across the back and then added kickers that go back from under hitch to the frame on an angle. I also put a piece of steel straight across from were the kickers and frame meet. I figured it would add extra support and from twisting the frame. I do have a question. How do I tie in the electrical ? Did some investigating and it looks like each side of the coach is independent of each other at the tail lights. Took assembly out and stuck a piece of steel rod down the hole but it hits something. Do I need to rout the wiring outside of the coach on the fiberglass or am I missing something ? I'll post pictures later.

Later, Michigandsl

Have you thought about a wireless system?

Does anyone know were I can find the wiring junction box on a Sundance 5th wheel? Thinking about tieing into that and running new wire to the rear.

caissiel

When I wired my previous trailer I found the tail, signal,brake wires passing through the left rear tail light area. Most os the wiring are bundled together and the right light wires might be near there.

Sundance_kid

On our 08 the wiring split at the entry door side. I made a call to the factory to find out as the dealer had no clue.