Pin box cover

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Today, I was able to remount the plastic pin box cover over my new 5th Airborne pin box. Pretty simple, actually. Just removed about two inches from the front of the opening that fits around the mounting bracket and made two notches on the side flange to clear the mounting bolts. Drilled and tapped two 1/4"-20 holes in the top of the pin box sheet metal to run some stainless steel sheet metal screws in and a couple of self-tapping sheet metal screws through the top flange into the metal around the mounting bracket. Some caulk around the edges, and done. Looks like it was made for it.

rick_debbie_gallant

Today, I was able to remount the plastic pin box cover over my new 5th Airborne pin box. Pretty simple, actually. Just removed about two inches from the front of the opening that fits around the mounting bracket and made two notches on the side flange to clear the mounting bolts. Drilled and tapped two 1/4"-20 holes in the top of the pin box sheet metal to run some stainless steel sheet metal screws in and a couple of self-tapping sheet metal screws through the top flange into the metal around the mounting bracket. Some caulk around the edges, and done. Looks like it was made for it.

Hey John; I did the same thing when I put a 5th airborne on our rig last year. How to put me a blue led mood light on the thing.:cool::cool: