Easter weekend first long trip for the BH

Gary F

Heading to Myrtle Beach, SC for 6 days of fun & family. Can't wait for 75 degree days and cool nights in the Big Horn.

Will be on the look-out for Landmarks and BH's at Pirateland Camping resort.

I will have to remind myself not to get too involved like so many others I've seen in the past, were all they do while camping, is shine their RV's and miss out on the experience. None

Attachments

• IMG_1808.jpg
    IMG_1808.jpg
    179.1 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1810.jpg
    IMG_1810.jpg
    265.2 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1759.jpg
    IMG_1759.jpg
    230 KB · Views: 6

Tom of Ypsi

Gary I am envious of you making that first camping trip. All I can do is sit in the camper, still cold with rain and snow mix during the week. At least it is not all snow.
You are right about cleaning your RV the whole time you are suppose to be enjoying the camping experience. While a clean RV is nice looking life is too short to be anal about it. Enjoy you camping trip and let us know how it was.

J

Jeff

May Camping?

Hey Tom:

How far are you from Holland?

Brenda and me are going up to Holland for the Tulip festival from May 11-14.

Would be nice to meet you guys if that was a possible trip for you all.

Talk to you later.

Jeff

Tom of Ypsi

Jeff, It is somewhere around 3 hours give or take. We are around the Ann Arbor area. I will try and keep those dates open and maybe Judy and I can go. What campground are you going to? I have never been to the Tulip Fest, then again there are a lot of places in Mi I have not been to.

J

Jeff

Tulip Festival

HI Tom:

We got reservations at the Oak Grove Resort.

http://www.oakgroveresort.com/

They only had 4 spots left for that weekend. Most of the campgrounds are filling up and there is a 3 night minimum for the Tulip festival.

There are several other good campgrounds in the area as well.

We will be driving up on the 11th of May and leaving Saturday the 14th.

Would be nice if you could make it.

Talk to you later.

Jeff

Tom of Ypsi

Hi Jeff, We wil not be able to go to Holland, the wife can not get off of work. She already has too many days off during the summer. We have a lot planned so her vacation is mostly used up. Thanks for the info and have a good time when it gets here.

Gary F

Trip was excellent. A few pic's of the TV & BH.

Attachments

• IMG_0334.JPG
    IMG_0334.JPG
    215.9 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0329.JPG
    IMG_0329.JPG
    362.5 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0330.JPG
    IMG_0330.JPG
    248.7 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_0332.JPG
    IMG_0332.JPG
    200.3 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0335.JPG
    IMG_0335.JPG
    252.7 KB · Views: 29
J

Jeff

Nice Job!

Hi Gary:

Thanks for the pictures.

I'm hoping more Landmark and Big Horn Owners will start posting their pictures too.

I take it, you had a good trip and good time with the new rig?

Take Care.

Jeff

J

Jeff

Trailer In Garage?

Hi Cheryl:

You have your Heartland in the Garage?

How big of a garage do you have?

Just wondering!

Jeff

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
You poor, poor people living in the frozen north! Easter weekend was our 4th camping weekend of the year! We did get some bad weather, rain and hail on Easter Eve, but overall it was a good weekend to be out and about.

Now if I can just get the wife to go along with me and buy the new Landmark trailer......

Cheryl

The dimensions were 36' long by 28' wide and 26' tall. I say were because to get the new Landmark in, my husband had to extend the length of one side by 4'. He had to take the existing door off and nail it back on until he can get a 13' sliding door for it.

To jayc,
Our high temp today (in Northern West Virginia) was 77 and nothing but sunshine!

J

Jeff

So In Other Words!

Hi Cheryl:

So, in other words you have one Huge Garage or a Barn!

When we build the new house in Louisiana, we're also building a Landmark Port!

Big enough and roomy enough for the new Mt. Rushmore and able to sit outside under the stars on those Hot Summer Nights!

Take Care.

We'll be looking for some pictures.

Jeff

Cheryl

It's a garage, kind of a "landmark" (pun not intended) around here. Our only regret is that we don't have the land something that size deserves. We only have 1 /4 acre in a housing developement. We are in the "country" though. My husband's dream is to have enough property to drive into the garage from one end and out from the other - no more backing it in.

Last edited:
J

Jeff

That's our plan!

Hi Cheryl:

We've got 9 Acres in the country in Louisiana, quiet and peaceful.

The Landmark-Port will be a drive thru on the side of my workshop. Just swing in after a long trip, hook up to the shore power in there and wash her down for the next trip.

29 months to go til retirement!

Talk to you later.

Jeff

Cheryl

Hi Jeff,

Lucky you! We have about 20 more years until retirement. Although, I plan on leaving my job when the grandbabies come along.

On a side note, anymore information on the graphics - pricing, ordering info? Our truck should be here at the end of April.

Attachments

• trailer2.jpg
    trailer2.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 2
J

Jeff

Graphics!

HI Cheryl:

As a matter of fact, I just wrote to Scott today. Asking him about the Graphics Package and who he uses for their graphics.

I'll get that information, hopefully tomorrow and contact that company.

I'd like to get a break down of prices to see what they would cost without the Landmark Logo in the package. Also, what color options are available.

We (Brenda and I) are gonna get the custom paint on the new Mt. Rushmore, Dodge Silver and then accent the package with Lite Blue and Dark Blue striping and Blue Landmark Decals on the front and sides. Should look really sharp and match the truck as well.

Once I get that information, I'll post it here for everyone to see.

Talk to you later.

Take Care.

Jeff

Attachments

• IMG_1821_sm.jpg
    IMG_1821_sm.jpg
    282.6 KB · Views: 2

Cheryl

Thanks, my husband doesn't want the Landmark logo either, just because he will drive the truck without the camper more than with it. We want the "striping" exactly as shown on the picture you posted earlier.
//heartlandowners.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=242
for those that missed it the first time.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1439625545632.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1439625545632.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 0
  • uploadfromtaptalk1439625470008.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1439625470008.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 1
  • uploadfromtaptalk1439625402335.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1439625402335.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 1
  • uploadfromtaptalk1439625334274.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1439625334274.jpg