Get rid of those coyotes and other varmints.

DW_Gray

Soon I'll be set up with a new 22-250 rifle barrel from Shilen. If you need some help or know someone that would like to cull a few coyotes or other varmints from their property in a legal shooting area, let me know. By the time I'm finished with my rifle I'll be able to nail them out to 600 yards or more.

rumaco

US Army Retired (CW4)
We shoot them every weekend here. I use ONLY a .223 with a 1/9 twist and hit at about 575 yds every time. Had a custom 22-250 but the expense and the amount of shooting we do drove us away from it. We shoot rabbits (jacks) and chucks on odd weekends and call in the dogs on every other. We get about 30 on a good weekend (dogs) and unlimitied on chucks and rabbits. But we live in a isolated area! Come up and shoot with us!!!! 1000 rounds a day, every day!

DW_Gray

Rumaco, I sure will. Thanks for the invite. After the rally we plan to travel that direction. We were in ID last fall for about a month. My wife has family in Riggins and we were there for a week. Then we stayed at Mountain Home AFB for 3 weeks. One of my Retired AF hunting friends is in Idaho Falls.

I'm getting the Select Match barrel with 1:8 twist and will load up 75 grain A-Max bullets. Hmm... I think I may need to buy some more brass. I'm glad I'm set up to reload in my rig.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Idaho-Falls-Idaho/105590229473679

scottyb

I used to have a coyote problem. A new Henry lever action .17 HMR solved that problem. So far Henry 6 - Coyotes 0. It takes care of business as far as I can see. LOL ..... and it doesn't wake up the neighbors. I only have 18 ac.

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
I keep my 22/250 next to the door when I'm home. If you are having a problem with livestock, I suggest getting a guard llama. These guys really do the job and don't eat much.

We raise them. That 80 acres that they run on the coyotes give it a wide pass.

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
I am new to the sport and have taken my first of many classes for firearms and since visiting a local gun shop I have been bitten. I currently have a Savage rifle that will shoot 17 HMR on order. Should have it late this week. It is a bolt action with a mag capacity of (5). Should be a good-first rifle to get rid of the pesky racoons and skunks.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Had this little thing tucked away in the safe for a few years. It has been my nemesis as far as reloading goes. My goal distance is out to 300yds. It is a standard 243 cal. I have several accurate loads for my 243 rifles with 22"-24" barrels, but this 14" with muzzle break is a whole different animal. Shorter barrel, faster burning powder, different pressures with/without muzzle break. I will say one thing, It is a TON of fun to shoot. It is going to be my coyote/crow eliminator. My pants aren't big enough to conceal it.

Attachments

• IMAG0891.jpg
    IMAG0891.jpg
    518.1 KB · Views: 82

tmcran

I used to have a coyote problem. A new Henry lever action .17 HMR solved that problem. So far Henry 6 - Coyotes 0. It takes care of business as far as I can see. LOL ..... and it doesn't wake up the neighbors. I only have 18 ac.

Humm, with 18 acres ,the noise might not bother them but the bullets going thru the walls might.

scottyb

Humm, with 18 acres ,the noise might not bother them but the bullets going thru the walls might.

Assuming I was stupid enough to aim at my nearest neighbors house, through the coyote, into the dirt, and about 800 yards through a live oak forest. That would be one bad bullet, since it's the size of a small pellet gun.

DW_Gray

Certainly is a nice group.

Have you looked at Nikons spot on ballistic app?

I was looking at it yesterday in Google play store. They have the same on their web site. I used web version for my Nikon Omega muzzleloader scope last year.

I use an app called Shooter. Shooter will work with any rifle and is used mostly for benchrest competition shooters.

I really like my Shepherd scope on my sub MOA .300 Win Mag. It's incrementally ranged out to a 1000 yards. At 100, 200, 300 and 400 yards, it's dead on. One of these days, I'll try it for a 1000 yard shot.

porthole

Retired
One of these days my club will actually follow through with the 1000 yard range. Not that I have any use for it :cool:

If you are ever back out for a Jersey rally I'll take you over. It is a nice club.
17 separate "50 and 75 yard" pits, individual shooters or groups, pistol, rim fire, shotgun, no pistols with rifle ammo and no rifles with pistol center fire, unless cleared by the club.
5 Skeet and trap ranges
multi shooter 200 yard general purpose and 300 yard high power
Indoor and outdoor pistol/rim fire

The indoor is a 24/7 range

RanCarr

Soon I'll be set up with a new 22-250 rifle barrel from Shilen. If you need some help or know someone that would like to cull a few coyotes or other varmints from their property in a legal shooting area, let me know. By the time I'm finished with my rifle I'll be able to nail them out to 600 yards or more.

We have them here in TN and no one shoots and kills them unless they go after their livestock. Field-Fencing w/a strand of electric at the top and guard dogs also work. That is those who don't get some kind of thrill by killing something alive.

tmcran

I own a working ranch. The darn feral hogs are what is causing me a head ache. I've trapped, and killed as many as I can and they just keep coming.