fantastic fans

5catfam

I am picking up my new BH 3055 next saturday. I have the one Fantastic fan in the kitchen. I have been thinking that I should get one in vent by the shower! Have others done this? From reading the threads i think that most feel that the big vent cover are not nessary. Looking for feedbackNone None

jbeletti

When we ordered our 2005 Landmark, we optioned the premium Fantastic Vent for the bedroom in place of the basic model. The thermostat and rain sensor feature are nice to have.

Jim

sailorand

Past British Columbia Chapter Leader
we have A fantastic fan in the bedroom also. works great. It is one way, so one off the projects is to add a switch to get it to go both ways.
easy job to do and little cost.

nhunter

I got the in between fantastic fan for the bedroom (no rain sensor but reversable) as I was concerned about moisture from showering. Works great.

phranc

We have the rain sensor fan in the bedroom . And we have not added a 'maxair' cover , not sure if we need it..

fireflipper

EX-Travel Bug
Fireflipper

phranc
If you have the rain sensor there is no need to put a cover on it. That would defeat the rain sensor, but allow you to still use the fan when it is raining. Mine works great, the slightest rain and it closes automatically. You may want to check and make sure that the sensor is turned on and working properly, mine was turned off and rain did come in the first time it rained. I called the manufacturer because I thought the sensor was defective, it was just turned off.

5erWonk

I agree with everyone, there really is no need for the cover with the rain sensor, however I also think the Max Aire cover protects the unit from sun damage. Living in a western dry climate the sun just eats up plastic, so I think it is cheper to replace a Max Aire cover than a Fantastic fan.

madigand

I have the Maxxaire Fan Mate 800 http://www.maxxair.com/images/fanmate_800_lg.jpg. in my 3670. Used it during the rain this week on shakedown run.
I really enjoyed using it in the rain with the bathroom vent open, also covered by maxxaire vent cover. It allowed us to recirculate the air with out running the AC below 70. It does not interfere with the opening and closing of the fantastic fan with rain sensor. Hope this helps

Last edited:

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
www.fantasticvent.com

In F.A.Q.
Do you recommend vent covers?
Vent covers restrict the airflow of your Fan-Tastic Vent by about sixty percent. In addition, covering your vent requires more frequent cleaning due to dust and dirt accumulation. Although we do not recommend any cover over your Fan-Tastic Vent, it will not void your warranty.
Thought I might throw this in the mix. :)
Check out this vent cover www.pplmotorhomes.com/parts/rv-vents/camco-aero-flo-vent-cover.htm
I took off my Maxx-Air vent covers from my TT before I sold it, at this point I don't think I will install. I had the power vent and even with 800 model cover it hit. Might want to check out the F.A.Q. some helpful questions and answers. Have a wonderful day ---Ken

Last edited:

mobilrvn

Think the two fantastic vent fans are a great way to move air. Helps cut down on A/C use for us. Another thing that we've done is to replace the noise making fan in the "boom-boom" room with a 120cm computer muffin fan. It is so quiet that we can leave it on all night for a little extra ventilation, if needed.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
"Boom Boom Room"? I gotta admit, I've never heard it called that before. What's interesting is we used a 5" 12V computer fan to replace our stove vent. Same result, much much quieter. I've been looking at our fan in the boom boom room and thinking I might be able to fit 2 computer fans side by side. I need the extra air flow.