More newbie questions

OK...so how does one shower with only 12 gallons of hot water? ...and can you use power strips/extension cords? I noticed there are not many plug ins. Thanks!

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
12 gallons of hot water is plenty even when taking a leisurely shower. Remember the hot water mixes with the cold water. If you have an Oxygenics Shower head it mixes the water with air and gives you plenty pressure and uses less water. Also while showering youhot water is reheating.

sdrubrecht

Like Jim says, 12 gallons is plenty. Sheri has very long, thick hair and has no problem. When we are in a hurry, we can both shower with no waiting taking 'navy' showers. We also use that method when dry camping to save water. You get wet then shut off the water, ( there is a handy button on most shower heads ) soap up and scrub with no water running, the turn the water back on and rinse. We have even had 4 people shower like this with no waiting.
As to the plugs, no problem with strips or extension cords as long as you dont overload the circuit. Your breaker panel should protect you like at home. Dont forget, you only have 30 or 50 amps at hook-up, or whatever your genny puts out. Not hard to exceed your power source if you treat it like your house. Common sense and moderation goes a long way, with electricity and water usage.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Connie, I like a long hot shower. I sometimes spend 7 or 8 minutes in the shower with water as hot as I can stand it. I have never run out of hot water nor have I felt the water getting cooler by the time I was finished. Hou won't have any problems. Trust me!:cool:

Birchwood

You will have to be in a real fantasy land to use 12 gallons of hot water.I have always had adequate
water for my long showers.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
You may have 30 or 50A service to your rig, but most extension cords are only rated to 15A or less. Power strips usually have a resettable circuit breaker on them, again, only 15A. Check the amps or wattage of the device you want to use off an extension cord, compared to the cord's rating. The cord should exceed the device's wattage to prevent it from overheating.

For the shower, you can get the Oxygenics model or any other water-flow restricting model, to cut down on the amount of water you use and still have a good shower. Not a bad idea for at home use, either.

Shower fantasy land??? That sounds X-rated. :eek::eek:

Thank you, yet again, everyone! I really appreciate that there are no 'dumb questions!' The Pirate is enjoying his first Monday of retirement and we look forward to the phone call saying our hauler is ready to pick up. We are working on cleaning out our years of possessions. I'm sure our next 'issue' will be weight! Can't wait to get out 'there!'