Air Conditioner "Hiccup"

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
I am in the desert and it is around 100 degrees. I have my main 15k btu AC set on about 82. It's only 3 months old.
About every 3-5 minutes the air will "hiccup", as if it is getting ready to shut off, but then after a split second it comes back on. I'm a little worried that it's getting ready to take a dump. (We have pets we leave alone on occasion.) Once in a while it acts as if it can't decide to run on high speed or low speed. This thermostat does not have a selector switch for high or low speed, as all my other coaches have had. It's simply a fan/furnace/air selector with temp up or down buttons.
Fortunately I do have a second air, although it would have a hard time cooling the whole coach.
ANY SIMILAR PROBLEMS, OR IDEAS?? Thanks

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Okay, I'm on the case.
It seems it only happens when I have both airs on. I'm plugged into a 50amp service. I need to find out whether the problem is substandard power from the park, or an onboard problem with the BH.

Last edited:

Rickhansen

Saw your post earlier today. I was wondering about the ice sensor on the coil, but that's not likely in the desert with high heat and low humidity. Are you hearing this with the fan, the compressor, or both?

Also wondering about the 3-5 minute interval. Maybe the heater plate on you coffee pot cycling at that interval?

Sounds like your on the right trail, and need to get your voltmeter out to prove it.

Good Luck - I'm rooting for ya.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I am sure that your T-stat has provisions for high/low fan speeds. One thing that can effect the main AC is, the front AC blowing cold air onto the main T-stat. That could account for the cycling.
Could you post a picture of your T-stat?

Peace
Dave