New M21

mehrlich

We just picked up our new unit yesterday. I'm sure I will have a ton of questions. Two things for now. We slept in the unit last night. When I brought the slide in this morning there was water on the roof which spilled into the unit. Is there supposed to be some kind of cover over the slide when it is out?

Also, the bathroom has no towel rack or paper holder. Is that something you have to add yourself? If so is it o.k to screw a towel rack to the wall?

I have only had it 24 hours and can't believe all the attention it has gotten.
Thanks
Mary

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Mary, congratulations on the new unit and welcome to the Heartland forum & family. It sounds like they stopped putting in TP and Towel holder. Probably because most folks go out and buy something they like. Maybe a little more fashionable. As for mounting them, remember the wall material is thin compared to your house. You should use some sort of wall anchor.

For the water on the slide roof, Unless it's raining when you bring in the slide, it should not bring in much water with it. They do sell slide out toppers that cover the slide out and roll in & out automatically with the slide. They can be bought through your dealer or camping world.

camr

We had a leak on our slide last season. We tracked down the problem as being that we had the trailer "leveled" slightly lower on the door side, enabling the water from the top of the slide to enter the trailer at the front corner of the slide. From that point on, we made sure that the slide side was slightly lower than the door side. We didn't have a problem after that time.
We used a couple of large 3M stick on hooks for towel holders. I am a bit paranoid about drilling into foam core walls.

mehrlich

Thanks for the info. I will have to talk to you later about traveling with dogs. I have a Newf and an Aussie I plan to travel with, but the act so ridiculous when they see another dog I'm not sure how good an idea it is.
THanks again.
Mary

RonBB

I found a toilet roll holder at WalMart which was made to hang over a door. I hang it over the door under the sink cabinet in my M18. It was inexpensive and required no drilling or holes. I think they have other towel racks that are similar as well. They just lift off if you don't want them on when towing.
I agree to slightly level so the water runs away from the trailer. I suggest checking the seal over the door to make sure it is not curved under but sloped out. Don't forget to check the slide top for branches, acorns, etc before closing the slide. Those small items are tough on the rubber seal.

Best of luck. Ron