32RL - Water Heater tank fill

TxCowboy

Hi all,

First post and happy to be here. Have a new 2011 32RL. Walk thru was yesterday but I think I missed asked this question so hope you'll help. This unit will be parked in a RV park for an extended period and connected to city services (water, electric, etc.), if that makes any difference.

How is the water heater tank filled?

I don't recall this being discussed during my walk through though he went over everything else in the water heater control panel (right down to where to stash the cotter key!). The owner's information says only that the tank must be filled before using the element heating element. :confused:

Is there a separate hose fitting to fill this tank, is it somehow filled as part of filling the fresh water tank, or is there some sort of demand pump system that pulls water from that source? (I'm assuming that a pump system would be powered through the black on/off switch from the water heater pannel of the outside of the unit).

Or am I totally out in left field? LOL

Thanks, gang!

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Whos's on first, Whats on second, Idontknow is on third, TxCowboy is in left field, oh wait a minute, Why is in left.
Welcome to the forum. Lots of good info here.
Any way, to fill the water heater tank just hook up to city water and turn on a hot water faucet till water comes out. Make sure your system is not in bypass, which is used for winterizing. And like they told you do not turn on the electric till you have filled with water.
The little black switch on the water heater controls the electric element along with a red color switch inside. The one on the tank can be left on all the time and just use the red one inside.

Peace
Dave

jimtoo

Hi TxCowboy,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

Your in right field... you bought a Heartland Greystone!!!! And besides that,,, we're almost neighbors. Your in SA and I'm in GW... about 90 miles down South on 281.

The Heartland Family is here to help.. if you have a question, just ask, someone will have an answer.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M