New Owners in Nashville - 24RKS North Country - 2011 Toyota Sequoia - Reese Dual Cam Sway

My wife Sonya and I are new owners who now have 3 trips under our belts to Mammoth Caves, Crossville Tn, and Pigeon Forge, Tn... We are really enjoying our new trailer but thought I would share a few start-up challenges. RV Furnace worked the first night for 2 hours and then apparently the sail switch was devoured by the cage fan and everything stopped. 2 trips to camping world to solve under warranty but now working. The most disheartening issue was our cable hook-ups which did not work from the start. Since I live a long way from my dealer I contacted Heartland about troubleshooting it myself and received permission. It did not take long to find THREE cable ends all attached with the cables not in them. Very poor crimping. I used a cable tester i picked up at Home Depot and replaced the crimps with screw ons. All cables now tested good but still no picture. I tested the splitter board behind the TV which has the booster switch built in and found it to have a dead short with a Volt Ohm Meter. Contacted Heartland Customer Service who sent me the replacement part. Once replaced, all cable connections work great. so now we are back to 100% and enjoying the full capacity of our trailer. Good camping everyone.

jbeletti

Hi Don and Sonya,

Welcome to the Heartland family and howdy from a soon to be Tennessee resident (me)! We are building a home in Crossville at The Gardens :)

Say, sorry to hear you had some issues with your new unit and happy to hear they are all resolved.

Not sure if you know of these 2 items yet, but there is a Heartland Owners Club for Heartland product owners. It's a fee-based club with benefits. Learn more here. Also, the Tennessee Chapter of the Heartland Owners Club is having their first rally, the first weekend in August in Townsend (link). Please consider joining us. While this is a club event, non-member product owners may join us at a non-member rate. Please consider it.

Happy camping neighbor (sort of - okay, 2.5 hours west of me :)).

Jim

Thanks Jim for the invite. We are looking at the Owners Club as well and may join the August outing. We have camped in Crossville twice now on our way East. Leaving after work on a weekday it allows us to get out of town for the evening on our way to a final destination. A beautiful place it is.

jbeletti

Sounds good Don - hope you can make the rally. I saw your club membership come through tonight too - cool!

If you have the weekend of April 29th available, the Eastern Regional Rally will be held in Cherokee, NC and I believe there is room at the Inn!

Jim

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Congratulations on your new "condo on wheels". Sounds like you are settling in to the RV life without any major problems. Let me introduce ourself - my name is Byrd and my husband is Nathan Mathis. We are the Tennessee Chapter Leaders for the Heartland Owner Club. As Jim stated above, the first Tennessee rally will be held in Townsend on August 5-7 so if your schedule will work out, we would love to invite you to come. I know its coming up quickly but the Eastern Regional Rally is in Cherokee, NC April 29 - May 1 which is also another great way to meet fellow HL owners. If we can help you in any way, please contact us by clicking on our forum name (nabo) and send us a private message. Next time ya'll run to Crossville, let us know and we will try to meet you.
Byrd