Any Other Trail Runner Owners out there?

Toxman

Jim just opened up the forum and I have the pleasure of making the first post :D.

I purchased a Trail Runner 2700TB back in November and so far I have been very pleased. It is very easy to tow with my Nissan Titan and is a perfect fit for my family. I haven't had any significant problems at all with the TT. It is very well built and the price was extremely attractive. Any other Trail Runner owners out there?

DW and I have purchased the 2007 Heartland Trailrunner 2700 BHS. We haven't got it home yet but we can't wait. We are planning on the weekend of the 14th of April but mother nature has to really warm things up. None Right now we are expecting 4-8 inches of new snow here in vermont. :mad: I will post future posts when we get it home and enjoy camping.

Toxman

Gregfromvt said:
DW and I have purchased the 2007 Heartland Trailrunner 2700 BHS. We haven't got it home yet but we can't wait. We are planning on the weekend of the 14th of April but mother nature has to really warm things up. None Right now we are expecting 4-8 inches of new snow here in vermont. :mad: I will post future posts when we get it home and enjoy camping.

Our Trail Runner is exactly like yours without the slide. Man I wish I had gotten one with the slide!!!! Hope you enjoy yours as much as we have ours!

What type of tow vehicle are you going to use?

WE have a 2011 26FQB and we love it. No major problems in the first year, seems to be a great travel trailer. Be safe, Chris Troy,MO

jimtoo

Hi Chris,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

This thread is pretty old, so you may not get any replies from these folks, but there are lots of Trail Runners out there.

Glad you have had a great first year and hope you have many more great memories made with your Trail Runner.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

fgmjcm

We purchased the 2011 RLQ Feb 26,2011. Can't wait to get it home & go camping! We also chose the no-slide, as we found the space worked for the two of us, and we stayed within our budget. Happy Camping!:)
Fred & Chris
Northern California

Last edited:

fgmjcm

We just purchased the 25RLQ. Picking it up on Mar.11th. How do you like yours so far? We were really focusing on a trailer with a slide, but the floor plan on this model really caught our eye. The floor space between the rear couch and kitchen & dinette is huge. Love the higher ceilings!!

jimtoo

Hi fgmjcm,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

When you go for you PDI,, do a very good, slow checkover. Make sure you check all systems and you can operate everything.

Then go and make lots of great memories with your new unit.

Jim M

TheWinklers

We have a TRAIL RUNNER! we have the 27fqbs and absolutely love it! we've made a few minor modifications, such as adding a cabinet door over the fridge it added a much nicer touch having 2 open spaces made it look far to cluttered. We also added an additional TV on the bedroom side of the wall which was fairly easy just added a small small piece of wood to add extra strength and a small hole in top cabinet to run the cable and power cord through with a splitter and all set to go. It's an awesome trailer! We have no regrets at all. We just purchased the moview mount for the "kids" tv in the back so we don't have to keep taking it down and securing it each trip.

Last edited:

fgmjcm

We've had our trailer two weeks now, and plan to take it out this weekend 3/25. I like your idea about the added cabinet door above the fridge! Love the high ceilings! Can't wait to retire in 2012!!

davidamy

Hi, My name is david and im amy looking to by a trail runner my self. the 30usb. we have 3 boys and this would be are first camper. If you would be so kind as to share. I was wondering how it was holding up. Do you feel it is a quality trailer for the $. I already like your ideas about the camper(cabinet door, kids tv, and bedroom tv). thanks for you time and enjoy the outdoors.

jimtoo

Hi davidamy,

If you have some questions, post them here or in the area that they are about. As you can see there is lots of information here.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

fgmjcm

Hi David:
We took our new Trail Runner out on it's first run two weeks ago. We had a couple of things that needed to be addressed at the dealership. 1. The furnace was so loud, we had to turn it off. A new motor has been ordered for it. 2. The bathtub was very spongy in the drain area; more support being added to hopefully fix the problem. Other than that, we are happy with it. Just doesn't make any sense though, to buy something brand new, and have these problems right from the start. So, we are without the trailer for a couple of weeks, Glad we didn't have any camping plans!

AttyVette

Hi David:We took our new Trail Runner out on it's first run two weeks ago. We had a couple of things that needed to be addressed at the dealership. 1. The furnace was so loud, we had to turn it off. A new motor has been ordered for it. 2. The bathtub was very spongy in the drain area; more support being added to hopefully fix the problem. Other than that, we are happy with it. Just doesn't make any sense though, to buy something brand new, and have these problems right from the start. So, we are without the trailer for a couple of weeks, Glad we didn't have any camping plans!
I am a little bummed about the quality control on the Trail Runners....we just traded our 2011 in on an 2012 one..we had several issues with the first one and thought that we surely wouldn't have problems with the second one. We discovered, that the wall is bowing out behind the sink and stove and the dealership said they had to order a néw
wall as it can't be stapled like we thought, to repair it. They said that they would have to
pull out the cabinets, sink and stove and put in a new wall to repair it...... also the slide
doors, two by queen bed and one in back are damaged...the snap is pulled out of the
particle board doors and someone just stuck the snap back in the door but it doesn't stay
inbecause it is wallowed out...the others have deeps scratches in them and you can see
the particle board under the fake woodgrain. When we arrived to pick up the trailer, we
found out the DVD am/fm player had to be rewired as it was direct wired from the
factory with no fuse! Furthermore, the tv wouldn't pick up the channels and they had to
get a tech to run another wire so our tv would work!! I could list other things we
discovered damaged and that will have to be replaced in our new travel trailer but it
seems like the quality control people should have seen these things before they shipped
the travel trailer out.
I still think the Heartland travel trailer is beautiful and well designed overall.
Furthermore,our r.v. dealership has always worked with us getting things corrected in our 2011 and now they will work with us on getting things corrected in our 2012 USBH. It
just makes me sad to see obvious things that should have been discovered but weren't
before the trailer left the factory.

I know it is not absolutely necessary that the front stabilizer jacks are
directly across/parallel from one another to work...however, still it makes sense to put
them across from each other and in the same place on each side of the trailer.Ours are
offset from each other and not parallel..one is Installed ahead of the other jack and across from that jack, the other front jack is installed further back than the other one.

I just had a friend at the travel trailer park come by to look at the trailer and he couldn't
believe that Heartland let this new trailer leave the factory with these aforementioned
things ( as well as other things I haven't mentioned) being let go and not repaired. I
believe in Heartland but come on, they really need someone going over the trailers the
sell BEFORE the travel trailers are shipped to the dealerships.

Last edited:

jamathern

I purchased a brand new 2011 27fqbs about 8 months ago. I have taken it out 3 times. I too have a list of problems.

1. The floor under the slide is falling out. The plywood is rotting away. I called the manufacturer which told me when assembled they forgot parts that left the floor plywood exposed. The manufacturer told me they were aware of the issue on these models. They think there was a personal change on the assembly line and the new guy didn't do it right... Could not believe what I was hearing! Would I have been notified of the "known" issue if I had not crawled underneath? Here are photos http://photobucket.com/camperdamage

2. I had a water leak in the bathroom faucet that leaking all over the floor. The whole faucet need replaced.

3. The outside speakers never worked. Took it to get serviced. They said there was a loose wire. I tried it again after it was "fixed" and it sounded like I was listing to a radio in a wind storm. The outside speakers were blown. Still waiting for replacements.

4. I have staple holes all over the walls. Looks like they assembled this thing with used parts...

This was the 1st camper I have ever purchased. I didn't know what to look for when purchasing. I'm very bummed about everything. I'm so nervous there is something else wrong that I'm not seeing and will find out in a year when the warranty is gone.

kc5mhb

In the process of purchasing a 2007 Trail Runner 2700BH from a reputable RV dealer. Its VERY clean and appears to have been stored under a covered garage of sorts. I will be pulling with a 2007 Expedition EL Limited and so far it appears that the Expedition won't have a problem with it. I believe that I have the optional towing package with the heavier radiator and transmission cooler along with the 3.73 rear axle gearing (axle gearing confirmed). Anyone else pulling with an Expedition? If so, how does it respond on the road? Thanks in advance!

danemayer

Hi Kc5mhb,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. You'll find a lot of useful information here along with a great bunch of people who are willing to share their knowledge and experience.

I'm sure you'll get some responses shortly on your towing question.

HPMait154

Glad to see I'm not the only one disappointed with the fit, finish, and quality control of the "new" Trail Runner. I'm having same problems as JAMATHERN.

Aside from the extra space for my son (and the dreaded trips with the mother-in-law :eek:), I would rather have my 2010 North Country 26fb back instead of the 2011 30fqbs!

Too many corners cut as compared to my old one, to the point that I'm always looking for a new rig!

Expected better from Heartland.

Mainerunr

We just bought a 2013 Trail Runner 26SLE. Taking our maiden voyage this weekend. We are looking forward to the extra space over the popup we had.

Hoping to get out a few more times this year although between soccer (games every saturday) and fall baseball (doubleheaders every sunday), it will be difficult.