B/C 3355 Air conditioning thermostat wiring

mwj

I recently acquired a "nearly new" 2009 Big Country 3355. So far, so good. I am having a 2nd A/C unit installed in the bedroom - the wiring is in place, including what appears to be thermostat wires (all inside the cover for the existing vent.) My question is where is the other end of the thermostat wiring ? There does not appear to be a second thermostat already in place.

Many thanks for any assistance.

M. W. Jordan, Jr.
Marietta, GA

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
mwj, Hopefully you'll receive a response from the factory by tomorrow. If I had to guess, I would look for a set of light switches in the bedroom. Remove the screws and check in that area in the wall for a wire that looks like a telephone line or wire similar to what you see in the ceiling vent. Normally they'll mount the thermostat right above the bedroom light switches.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Unfortunately, it is in a different location on many models. In our Landmark it is on the wall to the left of the front mirrored closet, centered about halfway up the wall. A call to Heartland Customer Service might get you an answer sooner. The number is on the Portal page of the forum.

Razduck

mwj,

Thanks for posting this, we also have a 3355RL. I have not gone looking for the thermostat as yet, since we've only had it for 1 month. We have not been able to take it out yet. I will go look and see what I find, and post back here.

mwj

Many thanks to all who provided information related to my question. The thermostat wire was behind the light switch on the bedroom wall - just as several had suggested. So the mystery is solved.

Thanks again.

M. W. Jordan, Jr.
Marietta, GA