Technical Manual and/or Parts Lists available?

TxCowboy

Was wondering if there is such a thing as a Repair or Technical Manual for the various Greystone series RVs? Not that I'm mechanically inclined but would really like to have a good reference manual on hand that I could use for some basic troubleshooting, etc.

I have all the individual system paperwork but it's rather lacking in some areas. Maybe the manual that the service tech uses for their pre-delivery inspection?

What would also be nice would be a list of those common wear items and the part number: varioius internal and external bulbs, wear and tear items, heater elements, filters, etc.

Anyone have any insight on whether this information is available and where to get them?

Thanks!

rebootsemi

TxCowboy you are in the finest tech manual and or parts list available for one of these things. Anything you need to know or find just ask in here and somebody will have the answer for you or will have a link to said answer.
There are no repair manuals, or plumbing or wiring schematics, all of the different models are basically built using the same parts and pieces, on some of the higher cost units the parts and pieces cost a little more.
You can get manuals on most of the items by going on line to the mfg and down load what you need.
Do a inspection of your unit and go out and get spare's for all of the fueses, a few light bulbs. Very first thing I blew was the fuse for the front landing gear, but of course the manual did not say a thing about having a fuse in the circuit, took awhile but found it and had to take one out of the truck because did not have spare as of yet, hav'em now.

TxCowboy

Yeah, I rather expected that no tech manual exists. I have been surfing various threads picking up tips and good ideas, including several that I've already put into action. Just bought a large pack of various blade type fuses. I know there's a couple of in-line fuses that I need to get soon.

Again, thanks for all the input and suggestions.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
TX, the best thing to get for the landing gear is a circuit breaker...not a fuse. The landing gear will only blow a fuse when it is over extended (pass the stops). You can mark the legs with a sharpy so you know when to let go of the switch. As stated, most of the parts in your coach have web sites and you can down load all the info you need. Lippert has all the instuctions for the slides and frame on their web site. Be prepared with lots of paper. The slide manual was about 60 pages in a PDF file.

TxCowboy

Bob&Patty, thanks for the tip. Will look into those website. Tell me more about the circuit breaker idea, if you will.