Jensen tv and dvd player

jmaguire

Where do the wires from the dvd player hook up to the tv. I have a 3 (R,Y,W) rca cable and the 2 (R,W) rca cable from the dvd player and can't figure out where to hook them to the tv. also how do you play the tv through the dvd player? I have done it before but can't remember how to set up the tv to play through the aux to the dvd player

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
John, a lot depends on the type of connections you have on the devices. From the DVD to the TV, use the red, white & yellow. It will go on the "A/V Out" phono connectors of the DVD to the "A/V In" on the TV. The Yellow is for the video signal. Just match the color to the connector.

For sound from the TV. Use the Red & Whitecable. Find the red & white phono connectors "Audio Out". plug it in there and on the DVD, find the "Aux In" or "Audio In" and plug in that one. You will probably have to use the remote for both devices to change the set-up. On the TV use the menu and you'll probably have to turn the speakers off to send the sound signal to the DVD.
On The DVD remote, find the input button or Aux button. I've set up one Jensen TV in the past and it had the most user UNfriendly menu that I have ever seen. Hope this helps.

jmaguire

Thanks Ray, I know what you mean about user UN friendly. The manuals are also very confusing to read.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
John, the sad thing is a 10 yr old can do it a few minutes. I still can't run my cell phone. Ain't electronics wonderful.

With a EMTI cord (or whatever they are called) they are a plug and play cord. If both your devises have that plug on them use one of those.