ATF: Big Country - Exterior Caulk

82tpsmith

I've been looking around the exterior and have found some areas thight might need a touch up of caulk. These are areas that are not on the roof, but things like slide joints, baggage compartments, speakers. I've tried to do my research to figure out what caulk is used, and found it seems most use dicor. However I can not seem to find the dicor non self leveling in the gray color. Could you tell me what product is used at the factory for seams like this??

I have also heard of using Sikaflex 521UV, this however is also very hard to locate, and it is my understanding that this type of sealant is very difficult to remove in the future.

Am I able to order through the factory?

Thanks for the help.

I have a 2011 Big Country 3250 TS

GOTTOYS

I have used a product called Quad. It's a polyurethane based caulk that is very popular with siding contractors. I contacted the company and asked if it would be suitable. Their answer was yes, for both rubber roofs and siding. It is not silicon based and sticks very well. I bought it at one of the popular big box home improvement stores. I've had very good luck with it and it does come in gray. ...Don

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
I've been looking around the exterior and have found some areas thight might need a touch up of caulk. These are areas that are not on the roof, but things like slide joints, baggage compartments, speakers. I've tried to do my research to figure out what caulk is used, and found it seems most use dicor. However I can not seem to find the dicor non self leveling in the gray color. Could you tell me what product is used at the factory for seams like this??

I have also heard of using Sikaflex 521UV, this however is also very hard to locate, and it is my understanding that this type of sealant is very difficult to remove in the future.

Am I able to order through the factory?

Thanks for the help.

I have a 2011 Big Country 3250 TS

Heartland Customer Service told me they use Sika 505UV. You can purchase from them. Part NUmbers #10737 and #82257