New Owner in one year!

Princess Kathleen

I just came from a RV show, had the list compiled of the 5ers I wanted to look at (Newmar, Kewystone, Forest River, Thor, and Dutchman). But when I walked into the Heartland (Landmark Grand Canyon) I fell in love with it. The docking station was great and the interior was even better. cann't wait until I retire in one year to buy a Heartland. Planning to go to the factory this summer. Met Scott Tuttle who was very helpful in explaining the "manly stuff" to my husband. I explained the orgin of the word Acadiana to Scott.

Attachments

• 20161204_184613.jpg
    20161204_184613.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 12

Tom of Ypsi

Welcome Princess Kathleen,
Glad to see you made it over from RV.Net. You will find more info as time goes on. All of the Heartland products are of very high standards. The factory is nothing but the best. Be sure to read everything, the more you read the more impressed you will become.
Please explain to us that do not know what is Acadiana? I could ask my brother who lives in Brazil, In to see if he knows and if not then I could be the smarter brother again. :D

Princess Kathleen

Acadiana means...

Acadiana is an area in southwest Louisiana made up of 32 parishes (counties) that was predominately settled by the Acadians (French)who were exciled by the English from Nova Scotia in 1762. :) This area is known for Cajun music, food, and fun. Crawfish, rice, soybeans, sugar cane, oil, natural gas, tabasco sauce, Boudreaux and Thibodeaux jokes and Jake Delhomme are some of the great products from this wonderful area.:) :) :)

J

Jeff

So Where do you live?

Hi Kathleen:

My Wife Brenda and I will be retiring to Louisiana in 30 months. She's from Mangham, LA, little town SE of Monroe. We're actually gonna settle in Rayville, LA, about 15 miles East of Monroe.

Can't wait and really looking forward to it.

Hope you decide on a Heartland Landmark or Big Horn. Both very excellent 5th wheels.

Keep in touch.

Jeff

Attachments

• IMG_3422.jpg
    IMG_3422.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 3

Princess Kathleen

Louisiana princess

Jeff, I have been living in Louisiana for 57 years, 25 of those years grew up in Hammond which is east of Baton Rouge and north of Lake Pontchtrain. :) The last years I have be living in Crowley (Rice Captial of the World) and teaching Louisiana History and American History at Crowley Middle (grades 6-8).
One of my daughters lives in Sterlington, just north of Monroe. You are about a 4 hour drive from Rayville to Crowley.
There is a Landmark dealership in Opelousas.
My husband went to the RV show yesterday and worked in one of the booths and called me to let me know he was sitting in "OUR" Landmark....I got real nervous (excited deep inside) that he had bought the Grand Caynon, but he was teasing. :p

J

Jeff

Thanks Kathleen!

Thanks for the reply.

We are so looking forward to retiring in a just 30 months, it almost hurts.

Of course we will be building in Rayville, so in the mean time we will be living in our new Mt. Rushmore, we plan on getting next year.

I know Sterlington well. Brenda (my wife) has a nephew who lives there and her sister lives in Bastrop. Plus, she has a brother and sister living in Baton Rouge also. Me, I'm just a **** Yankee that latched on to a good old fashioned country girl from LA. Really lucky in that regard too!

Anyway, let us know when you get your new Landmark. Hopefully, we can get enough interest in LA to maybe start our own Heartland Chapter.

So keep in touch and glad you are on the board.

Talk to you later.

Jeff