Our two Min Schnauzer's

jpdoggett

We travel with two male schnauzers one is 4 and the other is 3 they are great traveling dogs and they do well in the camper. We winter in Texas and they have done great no problems:cool:

hoefler

We have a long hair Chihuahua, a rescued Doberman mix, and rescued cat. They get along very well with each other and any other animal or person.

gjackson

Do your Schnauzer's bark much? We have two dogs and both bark when they hear anybody around or when anybody comes into the house. I'm worried that they may get us kicked out of some parks.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
All dogs bark. Ours go crazy with excitement when we return home and will bark when strangers are around. Just try to keep them as quiet as you can. Loving discipline works wonders.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
We had a Schnauzer/Poodle mix (Schnoodle?) that passed away a couple of years ago. We now have a rescued Schnauzer and a Chihuahua mix that both bark at other dogs and strangers and especially visitors until they sit down.

jpdoggett

We had a Schnauzer/Poodle mix (Schnoodle?) that passed away a couple of years ago. We now have a rescued Schnauzer and a Chihuahua mix that both bark at other dogs and strangers and especially visitors until they sit down.
That is the way with both of ours they well bark and carry on tell they smell people and know that they are here to stay, it took them about a week to two weeks down in texas to get where they knew people around the park

AttyVette

Do your Schnauzer's bark much? We have two dogs and both bark when they hear anybody around or when anybody comes into the house. I'm worried that they may get us kicked out of some parks.
We also have schnauzers..sometimes I believe they will bark at their own shadows! Our veterinarian said that barking is one of their characteristics! When we go camping with them our three dogs (one sheltie and two miniature schnauzers) they bark their heads off at people and pets so we try to hurry and get them back in our rv after they have sniffed ( it seems) every bush and tree in sight. We have learned to turn on the tv or radio when we are gone and that seems to quiet down as they aren't barking when we come back to our r.v.

gjackson

We also have schnauzers..sometimes I believe they will bark at their own shadows! Our veterinarian said that barking is one of their characteristics! When we go camping with them our three dogs (one sheltie and two miniature schnauzers) they bark their heads off at people and pets so we try to hurry and get them back in our rv after they have sniffed ( it seems) every bush and tree in sight. We have learned to turn on the tv or radio when we are gone and that seems to quiet down as they aren't barking when we come back to our r.v.

Thanks for your replies to my question. I feel better knowing we're not the only ones with barkers :D. Like AttyVette, we have been turning on the radio when we leave them - that helps tremendously. Hope to see you all down the road somewhere!