Mystery Switches

aekisu

Dennis
This is the control for my slideouts. I have marked two areas with green colored questions marks (?). I assume the three switch area is for turning the individual slides on and off. I have no idea what the rocker switch is for. Can somone help?

Attachments

• hy.JPG
    hy.JPG
    389.1 KB · Views: 79

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
If you want to run just one , two or all three slides out or in , turn the valves off or on , press the toggle. It just enables one to be selective on which slides you want to use. KEN

jpmorgan37

I can't believe that his dealer didn't spend at least four hours doing a Pre Delivery walk through with him and gone over the owners manual at the same time. Spending that kind of money for a new coach and not getting some direction is not my idea of customer service.
Just my opinion.
John

aekisu

Dennis
jpmorgan37 said:
I can't believe that his dealer didn't spend at least four hours doing a Pre Delivery walk through with him and gone over the owners manual at the same time. Spending that kind of money for a new coach and not getting some direction is not my idea of customer service.
Just my opinion.
John

John
You're right !! We bought the unit about 6 weeks ago from a out-of-town dealer. We showed up at the appointed time and it was a mob scene. They were swamped. We got shoved off onto a service tech that wasn't familiar with the BH.

Don't even get me started on the user manual. It sucks !!

katkens

I have been pleased with the dealers I bought my trailers from , the first was outstanding and the present one just might make it it too.
Just fire those questions everyone here will be glad to help.:) Ken

jpmorgan37

aekisu;
My sympathy goes out to you. Uncaring and inefficient dealers get me very upset. Anyway, as Ken said, keep the questions coming. There is a world of knowledge on this forum about every subject you can come up with and everyone here is on your side to help. Sorry if I came off a little strong. It definitely wasn't meant to be directed at you.
John

ct0218

I'm not crazy about my dealer in Panama City, but they did do a thorough walk-thru. Your setup is different than mine, I have no idea what the bottom switch is. The other three would control the three slides, individually.

ChopperBill

With a DECENT owners manual you wouldn't need a dealer to tell you how to operate your RV. Why do the dealers get blamed for everything! I didn't have a PDI on my new "03" GMC truck but I know I can dig out the owners manual and pretty well can tell whats going on and where it is. You would think the factory that makes the thing would at least tell you what switch does what with out having a dealer hold your hand for the whole process. The factory shouldn't have to rely on a second party to tell you how there trailer works.

katkens

ChopperBill said:
With a DECENT owners manual you wouldn't need a dealer to tell you how to operate your RV. Why do the dealers get blamed for everything! I didn't have a PDI on my new "03" GMC truck but I know I can dig out the owners manual and pretty well can tell whats going on and where it is. You would think the factory that makes the thing would at least tell you what switch does what with out having a dealer hold your hand for the whole process. The factory shouldn't have to rely on a second party to tell you how there trailer works.
ChopperBill--- Don't hold back tell us how you really feel !!!!:D
Really couldn't have said it better myself , truly a shame. Ken

ct0218

Well, when I bought my truck the Sales Manager did a brief PDI and walk thru with me. A truck is fairly simple, almost universal. All he covered was the new or different items. RV's are unigue, each manufacturer has their own way of doing things, and developing an owners manual that incorporates updates and changes in production methods is tough. You can't make a needed production change today and have that change reflected in the owners manual when it rolls out the door complete in a day or so. RV's are notorious for production changes so a walk-thru certainly helps. I do believe every switch and valve, except the obvious, needs to be labeled.

ChopperBill

Have to say you can go back 2 years in posts and find 'em asking what that switch is. All the other switch's are labeled. How hard would it be to make one more label?
I can go to Wal-mart and buy a $20 watch take it home and try to set the time. Do I go back to Wal-mart and ask the goof ball that sold it to me how to set it. Nope, I take out the 20 page owners manual, written is 4 languages that came with it and set the time on my watch. Same with my television, DVD player, automobile, etc. Buying my RV cleaned out the savings account why should I expect any less from the manufacture? Its not just Heartland its most all of them. (with maybe the exception of Lance truck campers, they have a great manual!)

ct0218

There are a few others. My sister has an American Eagle motorhome, very pricey, but boy do they put out an owners manual. It is a book, must be 1/2 inch thick.

5catfam

In todays world of computers and digtal cameras there is no reason that any change made during product could not be reflected in a owners manual by the time a rig gets readyto leave the factory. You just have to make a commentment to do it.

5catfam

In todays world of computers and digtal cameras there is no reason that any change made during product could not be reflected in a owners manual by the time a rig gets readyto leave the factory. You just have to make a commentment to do it.

phranc

Just to elaborate a little on what Katkens said in post #2.. The rocker switch activates the pump motor. Push up and slides go out, push down and slides go in.. I agree, a label would be nice