2012 Big Country 3450 ts

BC1of38

Finally pulled the trigger. My wife and I loved this layout the second we saw it.

Seems like it has many options too.
Slide awnings
Slate Look floor
King bed
Mor ryde pin box
Vessel sink in bathroom
Two tvs
Central vac
Storage in stairs
Full leather package
Fireplace
Dual pane windows
Electric rear jacks

We are pretty excited considering we came from a mid profile mediocre fifth wheel with no real options to speak of.... (a 2008 Legend by Pilgrim, 32 foot)

Maiden voyage will be the May long weekend.

Between now and then I have a few things to complete on it.

Sat tracker (bell tv) install
Change out bedroom tv to better unit
Add outdoor tv in basement
Install HDTV distribution amplifier
Change tires to GY G614's
Install my stabilizers (front)
Paint match and paint Mor Ryde pin box and maxx air 2 covers (same color as grey gel coat)

I am really excited to try out the wireless remote option, one hand beer, one hand remote set up at campsite :p

Glad I found this site. Lots of great info here.

GOTTOYS

Congrats! We sure like our BC3250. Just think of all the money you can start throwing at it for all those "must haves". Good luck...Don

caissiel

Do you have the Freestar tires on your unit. I have those on my unit and I have a feeling they are much better then the G614 . They are certified tires for front truck and HD trailer use. I have those for 2 years now and over 10K on them and no sign of wear. The truck can pull my trailer at 17MPG Can rate anytime. So I just love them at 110PSI.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Congratulations on your new "condo on wheels". We know you will enjoy it as much as we have our BC. Travel safely and enjoy this great country that we live in.

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
Congratulations on the new rig. We love our 3450TS! Once the DW saw the kitchen it was a done deal!

Best Wishes!

BC1of38

Thanks everybody. Yes SJH, the kitchen is quite nice. For me it was the overall quality, fit and finish and design. Not hard to tell the Heartland has their game together. We looked at cedar creeks, titanium (used) and silverback. None of them were even in contention after we saw the Big Country.

The tires are power king tow max. Haven't read too many positive things on them. I will likely keep them on for the summer and change them out prior to heading south next winter. All of our summer runs are close to home.

For you other 3450 owners, anything to watch out for or be aware of?

SJH, how does she tow with your truck?

Thanks all!

zagguy

My dear wife and I just sealed the deal on a 2012 Big Country 3450 ts. Looked at many and like you we knew this was the one. I'll be looking forward to seeing your future posts.
:)

Finally pulled the trigger. My wife and I loved this layout the second we saw it.

Seems like it has many options too.
Slide awnings
Slate Look floor
King bed
Mor ryde pin box
Vessel sink in bathroom
Two tvs
Central vac
Storage in stairs
Full leather package
Fireplace
Dual pane windows
Electric rear jacks

We are pretty excited considering we came from a mid profile mediocre fifth wheel with no real options to speak of.... (a 2008 Legend by Pilgrim, 32 foot)

Maiden voyage will be the May long weekend.

Between now and then I have a few things to complete on it.

Sat tracker (bell tv) install
Change out bedroom tv to better unit
Add outdoor tv in basement
Install HDTV distribution amplifier
Change tires to GY G614's
Install my stabilizers (front)
Paint match and paint Mor Ryde pin box and maxx air 2 covers (same color as grey gel coat)

I am really excited to try out the wireless remote option, one hand beer, one hand remote set up at campsite :p

Glad I found this site. Lots of great info here.

jimtoo

My dear wife and I just sealed the deal on a 2012 Big Country 3450 ts. Looked at many and like you we knew this was the one. I'll be looking forward to seeing your future posts. :)

Hi zagguy,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Do a really good PDI when you pick it up. Try to camp on the dealers lot or close by and check it out.

The Heartland Family is here to help.

Jim M

zagguy

Thanks Jim, we are looking forward to becoming part of the Bighorn community. I've already found some help on some older posts..

dbbls59

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new 3450. We like ours but have had lots of leaks. Check behind the UDC for leaks the first time you hook to city water. Many Heartland owners have re-crimped the fittings and replaced the plastic elbows with copper. Hopefully you will not have any problems.

jimtoo

It's not just the BigHorn community,,,, we are all part of the Heartland Family. Check out the Heartland Owners Club and join us at some rallies. You will meet the best folks and make friends for a life time. We also have some pretty good food at a rally potluck gathering.

Jim M

Philip

We took delivery of our new BC3450TS last month and departed two weeks later for a five month excursion to warmer climes. We are enjoying a lot of the features of this unit and find the floor plan very liveable.

I have a simple question concerning the light switches controlling the the exterior lights. There are three exterior lights located on the sides of the unit near the roof line. Two of these are located on the entry door side and one is located on the other side. The exterior light located immediately by the entry door is controlled by a switch located on a side wall in a closet by the entry door. However, how does one turn on the other two lights?

Thanks.

Philip

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Those outside "scare" lights should be controlled by your remote FOB (assuming you have one of those).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Philip

That's it! It works! I did not realize there were features only controlled by the FOB and had tucked it away. Thanks. Philip