TV audio through the build-in stereo speakers?

TxCowboy

2011 32RL is the model.

Is it possible to play the TV audio through the build-in stereo system (and turn off the TV speakers)? Can't seem to find any information on either the Sharp TV or the build in stereo to make that happen. Seems like it should be easy to do though...

danemayer

You probably have a 3 wire cable connecting the DVD Player/Surround Sound to the TV. The red/white phono connectors at the TV need to be moved to the audio out jacks on the TV. You'll have to check the audio menu on the TV to make sure output is enabled. Set the Surround Sound to AUX.

If you do nothing else, you should be able to hear TV audio thru the Surround Sound speakers and you will still hear DVD audio thru the Surround Sound speakers.

One more step - if you want to improve the video quality for DVD playback, get an HDMI cable and connect it to the TV and to the DVD Player/Surround Sound.

pegmikef

If you don't have an audio out on your TV, then you can use the TV's headset output jack, but you will probably have to buy a mini to rca victor adaptor plug (radio shack or walmart). Dependent on what dvd player you have, you may have to pull the unit to find the audio input cable. I had to change out the cabling on my Jensen because it was messed up when I picked it up. The audio cable on the touch audio IS the audio input cable as there is no audio output from the touch audio dvd unit (at least on the model I have).

Duramax1

My problem is that my tv does not have a headset output jack and only has a digital audio output jack.

Unfortunately the Jensen audio player that came with the RV only has an analog input capability.

pegmikef

That makes it tougher. I ended up replacing the tv in my NT with a bigger one and made sure I had a way to output the audio from the tv. I know in the Edge, I had a Jensen and pulled the units and there were a lot more input pigtails in the back, but I don't remember what they were.

JJnLilly

We play ours through the Jensen player in our 2011 32RL. The TV is connected as it is how the DVD's are played. Can't remember how to do it and it is pouring rain to hard to go put the slides out and check...but we do it all the time.

Stinger381

I do it too .... I have the jensen tv and Dvd setup and I came out of the back of the TV with a pair of RCA plugs on the output side. There might be a Red/White/Yellow plug there and it doesn't matter if it's a audio or video output you just need to connect the Red/White RCA plugs to the RCA cable and then run it into the cabinet where the antenna amplifier is. There is an input to the Dvd/Radio in there and then select Aux on the Dvd/Radio and you should hear the TV. The Yellow plug is for Video and it should not be used on either connection. It was pretty easy to do actually and I like it that way so I can really crank up the outdoor speakers when I'm tailgating and hear the ballgame better that we're also watching outside!

I can have TV sound through the Jensen sound system by changing the source on the sound system. I think mine is aux2. It might depend on where the audio lead wires are pluged into the sound system.

TxCowboy

Finally got this to work. It was wired incorrectly at the factory. Took me longer to get the screws out of the Touch Audio mount than it did to actually rewire the connections.

Stinger381

Yeah that was hard to do for me too ....I had to use that long Allen Head wrench and it was almost a blind fit to get it on the bolt head and turn.