2011 F450 with Factory 5th wheel prep package

jimizuno

Hi all,

I have ordered a 2011 F450 truck with the factory 5th wheel prep package.
I am finding out that Reese and Ford have only one Reese custom 5th wheel hitch, which has to be ordered through Ford. I really dont want to buy this conventional type of hitch.
Has any one installed an air hitch system on this setup?

Is any one ussing the AirSafe 25K Omni Directional hitch?

Thanks,

Jim

Last edited:

porthole

Retired
2011 F-350 with factory prep - we have this hitch

http://www.trailersaver.com/airsuspensionhitches_ts3.php

The hitch drops into a Hensley adapter (same company). BTW, the adapter converts the factory prep to standard Reese rails fitment.

Mine came with an on board compressor.
I'm in the process of adding my AirLift wireless controller to the hitch.

Attachments

• TS3_hitch_05.jpg
    TS3_hitch_05.jpg
    308.6 KB · Views: 109
  • TS3_hitch_08.jpg
    TS3_hitch_08.jpg
    424.4 KB · Views: 100
  • TS3_hitch_09.jpg
    TS3_hitch_09.jpg
    447.8 KB · Views: 94
  • TS3_hitch_10.jpg
    TS3_hitch_10.jpg
    440.4 KB · Views: 93

bdb2047

You do not have to order from Ford.Reese Elite series will fit,I also understand B&W will work with goose neck adapter.I have Reese Elite 18k ,no experience withB&W guys on FTE fourm say they are using them.

WilmanJim

I have been quite pleased with our AirSafe 25K. It sure takes a lot of stress off the pin and the back. You can see it working when you look out the back window. The only time I think it bottomed out was on the East side of San Antonio, TX on the 1604. There must have been a dip in the road at least 4 foot. Didn't see it coming and hit it around 50 mph. Shook the beer up in the fridge to say the least. But as far as the hitch I am very pleased and have about 28000 miles towing our Bighorn.
Good luck on what ever you purchase and Safe Travels.

mmomega

AnyTimer
Actually just lucked out today, at least I think I did. Bought an F350 with the 5th wheel prep in it so I kept putting off getting a new hitch until yesterday, I need it in 2 weeks, so after researching enough I find out the Reese Signature Series will work without the Elite Series leg kit that Ford says you have to have. Anyway, I find an 18k Signature Series on AmericanRVCompany.com, so I decide to call to make sure it is in stock before I order and potentially be screwed by waiting. So the guy says "No Sir we are all out of those. Apparently Reese is phasing out the signatures with the Elite" ( I knew that but I didn't say anything ) so he says, "Well if we put in the order for the Signature then we will notice it is gone, see that Reese is changing over and we'll just send you an Elite Series in its place." So I asked ok well I notice the Elite is $300 higher and he just says yep but we still have the signature series on our website and sense what you ordered is getting replaced then you get the replacement version for the price of the older hitch.

So I end up getting the Elite Series 18k hitch, preassembled in box for $949.99 with free 3-4 day shipping. Ordered yesterday afternoon and just got the tracking # today. I really like that kid, I may have to send him a birthday card.

Now just have to figure out wether to get the 5th Airborne or the Trail-Air. Been reading but I just can't make up my mind yet.