Generator

gdkodiak

I am awaiting delivery of a North Trail 22FBS. I have a Yamaha EF2000is generator/inverter and am wondering what I need to do to connect it to the trailer. This is my first travel trailer and am totally new to this venue, so please forgive my elementary questions.

I know that I need cables to charge the battery, but am unsure of using it to run lights, TV, radio.

Thanks in advance.

Riverman

Congrats on the new North Trail!
The only piece you may require is a converter plug from the 30 Amp RV cord to the 15 Amp outlet on your Yamaha
I would assume the North Trail has a power converter like ours that will charge the batteries for you with the trailer plugged in and generator running.
You will be limited as to what you can run with a 2000 watt generator...only one large item at a time (microwave - toaster - hairdryer), but it should have no problem with lights, TV etc.
Enjoy your new unit!

GOTTOYS

Don't forget to chain it up to something. Them little gennys can walk away pretty easily...Don

sdrubrecht

Riverman is right. I have a similar generator, dont bother with the 12v plug and wires. The converter in or North Trail does a much better job charging the batteries and running things than the generators 12v system. Dont know which aircon the North Trail has, doubtful your Yamaha will start it. Might be able to add an easy start capacitor or 2 and get it done that way. Good thread on rv.net about this mod. I have the Yamaha 3000is and it could just start a 15000btu aircon as long as everything else was turned off.
Congrats on your new tt, welcome to the Heartland community.

gdkodiak

Thanks for the information. Although my North Trail comes with an AC, here in Alaska we rarely need it (at least where we will do most of our camping) so I opted for the samller and more manageable 2000is. Having said that, I am sure that there will be times where I will second guess that decision!

Thanks again. This forum is wonderful resource that allows newbies to get a wealth of information from experienced owners.

Invizatu

Senior Road Warriors
gdkodiak... Nice set up! We opted for 2 of the honda 2000's since we do a lot of camping in Hot Hot Hot weather and need the second generator when operating the A/C ( ours is a 15K A/C). If you ever consider it, get the 2000 companion and the parallel kit and you can run them as if you had a 4kw generator. Still nice and quiet and when you don't need the a/c you only run one generator and save on gas! The 2000 companion model comes with the 30 amp twist lock outlet along with a regular 15 amp outlet. The converter will do a better, faster job on charging your battery. The 12 volt leads will jump a dead battery in your TV though, so keep them handy just in case! Enjoy!

branson4020

Icantre Member
gdkodiak... Nice set up! We opted for 2 of the honda 2000's since we do a lot of camping in Hot Hot Hot weather and need the second generator when operating the A/C ( ours is a 15K A/C). If you ever consider it, get the 2000 companion and the parallel kit and you can run them as if you had a 4kw generator. Still nice and quiet and when you don't need the a/c you only run one generator and save on gas! The 2000 companion model comes with the 30 amp twist lock outlet along with a regular 15 amp outlet. The converter will do a better, faster job on charging your battery. The 12 volt leads will jump a dead battery in your TV though, so keep them handy just in case! Enjoy!

I don't believe the Honda Comnpanion is compatible with OP's yamaha.