ATF: Greystone - Television Mounts

Geodude

Just picked up a 2012 Greystone 33CK. It has a specific television mount in the rear bedroom and in the outside kitchen. Two questions:

1) I would like to buy another mounting bracket that goes on the back of the TV.

2) I would like to consider buying another arm and TV mounting bracket.

Can anyone advise on the brand name of the brackets in this trailer and possible sources?

Thanks.

Geodude

Bingo! I think the bracket I need for the TV side is right on the front page, right side. I'll pop off the TV in the bunk room and have a look to be sure, and if it's the one then I'll get my order in. Thanks much, that's a great help!

Oh, and I went ahead and put some pix up to help with the picture population. Good luck with yours, I'm sure you'll be very happy with it. //heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/23951-2012-Greystone-33CK-Pix?p=175567#post175567

future3490owner

Bingo! I think the bracket I need for the TV side is right on the front page, right side. I'll pop off the TV in the bunk room and have a look to be sure, and if it's the one then I'll get my order in. Thanks much, that's a great help!

If you find one and order it, let me know what one it is so I can order one to.

Geodude

Well I thought we were onto something but nope. I took some pictures today (attached) and the mounts are different than on the site referenced above.

BTW, sorry for the dust in the attached pictures, but this is how the trailer arrived. I still have to wipe down the whole interior of the trailer from stem to stern.

This is the mounting base in the rear bunk room:

227228_1828724569373_1578108701_1714892_3830442_n.jpg

This is the mounting plate on the back of the TV. Note it has a bar across the top which fits into the notches at the top of the base. The bar along the bottom of the base shown in the picture above is "grabbed" by the latch in the TV's mounting plate:

217101_1828767810454_1578108701_1714947_1362338_n.jpg 218170_1828769930507_1578108701_1714953_707252_n.jpg 230454_1828768290466_1578108701_1714948_4989953_n.jpg

I can't see any brand identification in the base nor on the mount.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
You should be able to substitute any wall bracket with a VESA pattern that matches the one on the TV. My Jensen TV was stolen and the mount ripped out of the wall with it. I bought the same Jensen TV and got one of their MAF-40 arms to remount it. I have no idea what the original mount was.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
It looks like he's interested in replacing the mount that is already there. If so, then the support behind the thin wall board should be able to handle it. A stud finder or some small holes drilled to probe for it should find it. Anything's possible, but it's not likely that they just hung it on the 1/4" plywood.

That said, for my living room TV mount, there are two horizontal 2x4's behind the panel in the cabinet recess. They are not in a position to actually mount the MAF-40 securely, so I've cut and finished a piece of 3/4" plywood to attach to them and then attach the bracket to the plywood. The photo shows the mess made of the panel that was there. Looks like the original bracket was mounted with a misaimed load of birdshot.

View attachment 13001

Geodude

Sorry for the confusion. I have a wall mount in the outside kitchen and a spare TV I can attach to it, so I am looking for the bracket that attaches to the back of the TV. I do have an extra articulating arm but the one that came with the trailer is more robust and it locks in the folded position.

Trying the Facebook page is a great idea. This is turning into a challenge!

Geodude

VICTORY IS WITHIN SIGHT!

Today was going to be "get on the phone day", as the convenience of the web and e-mail wasn't working. But, I had emailed my sales contact at RV Capital Wholesalers (Gary) late last week and evidently he forwarded my message to Kathy in their parts department. She contacted the factory and found out what bracket I need to attach to the back of the TV. The people in the RVCW service centre looked at the picture I sent and verified they can get the right one. When Kathy said they'd UPS it to me I said "uh-oh UPS rips off Canadians with all kinds of usurious fees and could they send it USPS/Canada Post." She offered to run the part over to the postal outlet and drop it in the mail. Now THAT is what I call customer service. Kudos!

Geodude

What was the part number on that? I'd love to get one for our 33CK.

Thanks,
Kim

That's the strange thing about this mount, mine don't have any part numbers listed. If you call the service people at RV Capital Wholesalers they'll know what you need. They're very helpful there.