How do I remove carpet from the slide floor?

ArkSlim

Jim, I have used the search on several of the forums and have gotten some of my questions answered but cannot get an answer to getting the carpet up in order to repair the part of the slide floor that has rotted. Could you please give me the information or refer me to someone that can. PM would be appreciated THANKS Al Keller

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
ArkSlim, I renamed your post and moved it to a more relevant area.
If I were to remove the carpeting this is how I would go about it.
In front of each side fascia, there is an aluminum plate screwed to the slide floor. The carpet is glued to that. Carefully pull it up. Then, as I think that the carpet is stapled down, I would work my way around using a thin bladed prying tool. After the carpet is up be sure to remove all the staples. Then when the floor is fixed just staple the carpet down and use a little contact cement on the aluminum plates. That should do the trick.
Let us know how your project turns out.

Peace
Dave

Last edited:

HAT3585

ArkSlim,
What year/make/model do you have? Being a new 2012 Big Horn owner I'm concerned over this, This is our 3rd 5vr and have never had ANY issues like the slide floor rotting.... or any thing rotting.
Tim

Crumgater

We had an issue with the carpet on our slide last fall. It rains a bit here in Seattle - espeically in the fall at football tailgates - and the floors get wet with people and dogs walking in and out. Then, when we pull the slide in, the carpet underneath the main slide gets to stay wet. We can't open the slides where we store the rig to air things out, so we put a bunch of dri-z-air cans on the floor, hoping that would eventually get things dried out. We'll find out next week when we do our "spring cleaning" how she fared over the winter.