Apollo half time oven just quit

bigbird272

Went to use the microwave a few minutes ago and the turntable no longer turns and the unit does not heat. It makes noise and the light comes on inside the unit but that is it. I have unplugged it etc. and it still won't work. Any ideas? I will contact the company on Monday and try and get it fixed or replaced. It is out of warranty by about 60 days, but I do have an extended warranty. I have a neigbour who claims to be on his third Apollo in less than 3 years. I am not impressed.

Rick

HappyKayakers

I think my first one lasted a couple of years (fulltiming). During that time the only problem was a broken piece of plastic in the door closer mechanism. Called Apollo and they shipped the parts and instructions the next day. When that unit finally died, I replaced it with another Apollo, just not the RV version. The feet sit in the same rail holes as the other one. I did have to take off the plastic trim in the cabinet so the door would open. It rides just fine there without any extra straps.

branson4020

Icantre Member
I haven't researched this, but I assume there must be (higher quality) brand-name alternatives, like maybe Sharp, Samsung, GE?

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Well...just shy of four years old, my trusty, reliable Apollo Half-Time oven bit the dust this evening!!

Used the convection oven to make pork chops...took them out, they weren't quit done, put them back in, and nothing. Neither the convection nor the half-time part work...the micro wave still does though.

Anyone have an idea what a new unit costs from Midwest? My extended warranty will cover all but $50...

HappyKayakers

I haven't researched this, but I assume there must be (higher quality) brand-name alternatives, like maybe Sharp, Samsung, GE?

Before I bought my replacement, I looked all over and couldn't find anything else that combined convection, half-time, and microwave. Most other appliances had 2 of 3 but not all 3. Maybe something new is out there now.

boatdoc

Went to use the microwave a few minutes ago and the turntable no longer turns and the unit does not heat. It makes noise and the light comes on inside the unit but that is it. I have unplugged it etc. and it still won't work. Any ideas? I will contact the company on Monday and try and get it fixed or replaced. It is out of warranty by about 60 days, but I do have an extended warranty. I have a neigbour who claims to be on his third Apollo in less than 3 years. I am not impressed.

Rick

Our's has the same problem. After taking it out of the cabinet and sliding each and every spade connector off twice I gave up on it. Just for the heck of it I gave it the old slap on the inside wall next to the control panel and wouldn't you know it works. So now each time it does it's non-op thing Diana gives it a slap and it starts working again, go figure.
WE talked to 2 others in our winter spot and they had some type of problem with their Appollo also but when I talked to the tech at Midwest he hadn't heard of a problem.

I am looking to buy an oven for our RV and really like the Apollo Halftime oven but it seems that there are a LOT of problems with the quality, Has anyone found a higher quality oven that will do all 3 - microwave, convection AND halftime yet?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Hello LittleCrappie and welcome to the forum. I don't know if I would say that there have been a LOT of problems with the Apollo Halftime, although as with almost anything there can be some. We had the Halftime in our last rig and used it for three years trouble free. We now have a different rig and the Halftime was not offered in a 30 inch size. We miss it.
To answer your question, I don't know of any units that do all 3 functions.

Peace
Dave

Bobby A

I called midwest a couple month ago and they told me they sell a new one for 300 or fix the old one for about 100