Interior Mold

circusbear

Howdy,
We de-winterized our Big Country this weekend and found an unpleasant surprise. When we opened our pots and pan drawer, we discovered the sides were covered with a black mold. The track it rides in was also corroded. I removed the drawer and checked the carpet and walls and they were all dry. This was the first year we stored it inside over the winter and was wondering if this had anything to do with it. There is no mold anywhere else and no evidense of water intrusion anywhere. The only place I can see would be the two exterior vents for the refrigerator. If anyone has any ideas of what went wrong here, please give us some suggestions. I just can't see how the trailer being inside like this, would cause any problems. Please help.
Thanks.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Was anything stored in that drawer? There are some items that emit a vapor that will react with other surrounding materials. For example, salt will attract moisture, that could cause the corroded track.
Just grasping for straws here. I have no real answer.

Peace
Dave

circusbear

The only thing we stored in that drawer was pots and frying pans. There were no other chemicals or anything. We did have to run through some wet snow on the way to our storage location. I'm sure these trailers are pulled through these conditions and worse with no problems so I just don't get what happened to ours.