Lost space

Bob Vaughn

The space behind the fireplace and the tv in the 3250TS could be used for something...I just need to figure out how to get it opened up, and how to rebuild it so it will be available when I need it.....:cool:

JJnLilly

Wondering about the same thing in Greystone 32RL. Lot's of usable space behind the fireplace and the TV. If nothing else, and outside door and a place to store the grill.

GOTTOYS

With all the unused storage space in my 3250 I can't see why I would want to take a chance on messing it up trying to gain access to it. IMO if you need more storage space it's time to start throwing some junk out....Don

bacaye

I am with Don. I look at it this way. If you are not full time, which we are not, you are camping and should be outside doing things. If you are going to spend all your time with dvd's and cd's you could stay home and do that. We decided not to take those things and if it rains we know there is probably something not that far away we could rent. Our grandchildren know if they have to have something to bring it with them. I know a lot of full timers that have to make themselves take a break now and then because they are always finding a lot of things to do to keep them busy. If you are doing camping now and then, take a few each time. Good luck...Barb

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
The space behind the fireplace and the tv in the 3250TS could be used for something...I just need to figure out how to get it opened up, and how to rebuild it so it will be available when I need it.....:cool:

Make sure the temperature behind there doesn't get too hot for whatever you might store.

Mark

Bob Vaughn

I went out this morning to measure my pantry shelves. I am going to replace them with sliding shelves and I made a startling discovery...they are only 24" deep, I measured the out side wall and it is 36" so there is a void of 12" behind the shelves. I am finding a lot of blank space in my 3250TS....

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Ya know Bob, You keep adding storage and yer wife is gonna fill it up. Pretty soon you'll have to put the rig on a weight watchers diet plan;).
I had a similar situation in our Bighorn. Ours came with a big old 27" TV that I didn't use. I put in a 32" LCD the day we picked up the rig. The attached pictures show my storage and access mod. I removed the cork board, cut a hole in the wall and framed it up and then put hinges and a catch on the cork board. Viola! Extra storage/hiding spot. I've since remounted the computer speakers. They looked a bit tacky where they were.
We have a different floor plan so this might not work for you.

Attachments

• 110_1209-IMGP0193_IMGP0193.JPG
    110_1209-IMGP0193_IMGP0193.JPG
    122.3 KB · Views: 61
  • 110_1209-IMGP0194_IMGP0194.JPG
    110_1209-IMGP0194_IMGP0194.JPG
    94.9 KB · Views: 63

Bob Vaughn

I have an album on Web Shots that shows the Mods I did to the travel trailer we had before. I also have an album on Mod my rv that shows some of the things I did.....There is some concern about adding weight but some of the things we carry do not weigh hardly anything but are bulky.....

SilverRhino

I have an album on Web Shots that shows the Mods I did to the travel trailer we had before. I also have an album on Mod my rv that shows some of the things I did.....There is some concern about adding weight but some of the things we carry do not weigh hardly anything but are bulky.....

You would be surprised how quickly those type items add up........could not believe the amount of "little / light" things we had accumulated in our prior 5th wheel! I fully believe in the space theory " You will accumulate items ( and weight ) according to the amount of space you have!" ;)

I probably need to act like I am selling the 5th wheel every couple of years.....just to cut back on accumulated stuff! :rolleyes:

My garage is even worse.....Just ask my wife!!

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Our 3250 also came with a old bulky 27" tv. We threw it out and mounted a 32" lcd on a swing arm. Byrd found some self-standing shelves so now I have lots of storage behind the tv.

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
Although we don't full-time, our 3450TS has more storage than we would ever use. I would have to think hard about how much weight we would be adding if I filled every nook and cranny in the BC with something.