Broken window

jimpav

Just found this broken side window on my 35DSRL. Does anyone have a line on a replacement window and how to replace it??
ThanksIMG_0858.jpgIMG_0860.jpg

GOTTOYS

Should be able to get a replacement Heartland customer service. Don't forget to mention you are a member of H.O.G. to get a discount. May also be possible to have just the glass replaced. Check with a glass company first. To replace the whole window I believe you remove the screws from the inside garnish molding and the whole unit will push out to the outside. There should be a sealing gasket attached to the outer window frame and it may also be caulked around the outer perimeter as well. You may have to cut around the edge on the outside to release the caulk. Some of the frames can be split to get the sash out if it's a slider but you first have to remove the whole assembly from the wall. It's possible your comprehensive insurance may cover it. Good luck...Don

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
If you need a temporary replacement you can go to Home Depot or Lowes and get some plexiglass, cut it to side and put it in there. Duct tape it in if you have to and at least is should be weather tight so you can get by.

jimpav

Thanks for all the tips. Now I just need a dry day to remove the window. The cost of the whole window assembly is around $150, not to include shipping. I would like to just try to remove the broken window frame and get it reglazed instead of ordering a whole new window assembly. Stay tuned.

Phil Smith

Retired South Carolina Chapter Leader
I was able to match the tint and used the window frame as a pattern at a local glass shop. Replacement glass was around $30.

Jimmy

How did this happen? My friend just did the same thing with a small rock from a weed-eater...

jimpav

Not a clue how this happened. I just opened the trailer for the first time this season after being closed all winter. It's sitting alongside my garage......outside all winter, uncovered. With all the snow around it all winter, I haven't checked it at all except what I could see from the road. We have had some storms blow through recently.......something might have hit it and then blew away. No evidence of anything inside the trailer.
I'm going to try to take out the frame of just the broken section and bring it to a glazier I found for the replacement.( that is if it ever stops raining long enough here in west Michigan!)