A good day

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Today, the weather was warm and dry, so out to the storage yard I went. Managed to get all of the crappy bolts on the Ground Control rear jacks replaced and torqued with Grade 8 zinc dichromated bolts, washers, and nuts. Took them all to 42 ft-lbs and didn't break a one. Got up on the roof and replaced the AntennaTek head with the Sensar IV with Wingman. Easy swap. Then I replaced the wooden retainers on the basement access panels I made with barrel bolts. Then I ran some additional caulk on the plastic pin box cover I modified to fit over the 5th Airborne. I've made an insert "box" for the bedroom TV shelf so I can use a wall mount tilting arm for the TV in there. Varnish needs a bit more curing. Designed it to be held in place with carriage bolts and be removable since I won't be able to lift the TV off the mount, the whole thing will come out.

I'll probably install a 3/4" plywood panel in the spot where the living room TV goes so I can mount the TV there, using the same bracket as the bedroom one. All that's behind the thin panel there now is a horizontal length of 2x4 that will only take two of the three mount screws. Something else I found about the TV theft is that they didn't bother to unscrew the cable from the living room TV, they just yanked it out. Took the mount out of the TV in the process since it was still on the end of the cable.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
It sounds like things are starting to move along for you John. Let me know how that replacement antenna works out. My Antenna Tek seems to be working fine but I really need to get up there and lube the cranking mechanism. Lately it's been getting tough to crank both ways. On the way home from TX, we stopped in Gainesville, TX and we were picking up Dallas/FW networks very clear. I only wish I had a signal strength meter in the Vizio. See you at Goshen?

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
It sounds like things are starting to move along for you John. Let me know how that replacement antenna works out. My Antenna Tek seems to be working fine but I really need to get up there and lube the cranking mechanism. Lately it's been getting tough to crank both ways. On the way home from TX, we stopped in Gainesville, TX and we were picking up Dallas/FW networks very clear. I only wish I had a signal strength meter in the Vizio. See you at Goshen?

I won't be able to report on the antenna until next month. Probably won't get up to Indian River before the 15th of May due to other commitments. It's been known to snow up there during the beginning of May (like last year). If I can get another good day or two, I'll get the front jacks in and finish the install. Otherwise, it'll have to wait until we park it at IR.

Yep, see you in Goshen. We'll be arriving on the 15th.