2011 Big Country 3450TS

mikenil

I order a 2011 Big Country 3450TS Early this month (April) should be ready the 1st week of May...My wife and I are very excited ......Now we're checking out a new dually to pull it, so far we checked out Chevy & Ford and I think this week we're going to checked out the Dodge.........

Last edited:

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Mikenel, welcome to the forum and the Heartland family with your new BC.
So,I see that you are checking outl new trucks. While you are checking things out, be sure to check out the Heartland Owners Club, the North American Heartland Rally in June and the Illinois Chapter Rally in August.

Peace
Dave

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Even though our 3250 is not as long as 3450, we pull with a 09 Dodge 3500 srw diesel. Love being able to get into a lot a places that dually have a hard time with. Plus the DW drives it daily to work.

bacaye

You need to come to our part of Illinois. We thought about the dually also but after seeing so many in our rural area with the sides missing we decided not a good way to go. Agree with difficult to park. We have the same BIg Country and just got a new GMC 3500....Oh Cookie...got the hitch in!!!! Barb/Bill

HessRaP

I order a 2011 Big Country 3450TS Early this month (April) should be ready the 1st week of May...My wife and I are very excited ......Now we're checking out a new dually to pull it, so far we checked out Chevy & Ford and I think this week we're going to checked out the Dodge.........

Mikenil, have you made any decision regarding which vehicle? I'm also in the market for a 3450 this winter and have been thinking of acquiring a Chevy dually with which to pull it. I've been impressed with the reliability of the GM engine and the Allison transmission not to mention the trailer brake.
Ray

bacaye

HessRaP....I just noticed your post to Mikenil. We got a 2011 3500 GMC and we are having problems with the high sides of the bed and our hitch. Bill took out a hunk of our new bed liner because he got into the side of the bed. He has been on the phone for two days trying to decide what to do to get our new hitch up another couple inches without costing mega dollars. He finally talked to Heartland today and was told they are having problems with some of the new truck with a little higher sides to the bed so it is not just our problem alone. Whatever you decide you need to make sure your hitch is high enough. We love how the GMC pulls the 3450..can not ask for anything better, I followed him out of our city lake campground and the camper was riding very smooth for a gravel road. I know we have a much smoother ride than we did with our mega cab dodge. I happened to leave my retainer on the bathroom sink so when we stopped I asked him to get it for me. I was afraid it would take us awhile to find it. Bill said it was exactly in the same spot and had not moved... I would tell you the name of our new hitch that is not working in our GMC but do not know the name of it. I know if Cookie sees this post he will because he has one. Since we are going to Goshen..Heartland is going to try and help decide what we need to do when they can actually see the truck, hitch, etc.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Barb, you have a Curt Q5, 20K hitch. Is Bill gonna beat me?
It sounds good that Heartland is going to check it out and hopefully make it right. I think that somehow it can be taken care of.
The high be rails have been a problem in the fifth wheel industry in general. Seems though that not everyone has a problem, so I guess that somehow it can be make to work.
See you in Goshen.

Peace
Dave

bacaye

Hi Cookie. We finally managed to make it back to Illinois on Tues. We waited all that time but hopefully it was worth it. We ended up with the Trailair hitch...wet bolts....and self adjusting breaks or something like that!!! I think that was all. He changed his mind so many times but we deleted going with the 8,000 lb ax. We ended up with more leaks but at least they were in the "rich" part of the campground and we had help!!! lol We now have brass fittings!!!! We were lucky and found everything we needed at Menards...from tools to fittings!! He still needs to put the motion light up and the the tire pressure kit he purchased at the rally. I am going to be on nerve pills by the time we get everything set...but he is as close to a perfectionists as you can get to not being called one and he wants to be sure. Thanks for answering a ton of questions...Hope to see you two at the Illinois Rally. Please bring some cool weather with you.!!! Barb

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Barb, if Bill can wait till the rally I am sure I can find someone to install that motion light for him.
1244.gif

Peace
Dave

bacaye

Thank you...I know he was doing something today on the camper but not sure what. If he does not get to that job..the light is in the camper!!!! I will be sure and tell him. Have you heard anymore about the storm that hit a campground in Wi?