ATF: Road Warrior - Hot water just luke warm...

ccupton

Just picked up my new 2011 305rw on saturday april 23. Ran the propane water heater all day and the water is barely luke warm. What could be the problem. Also the water pump would get super loud noise towards the end on the cycle. Also where is the water pump located.

hoefler

On your water heater, check the bypass plumbing. It sounds like you have the bypass valve open allowing cold water to mix with hot water.

tcbrady

Hoefler is correct - check your water heater by pass and make sure it is not partially open. The water pump with get loud when it is out of water or sucking air. Hope this helps!

rebootsemi

Just picked up my new 2011 305rw on saturday april 23. Ran the propane water heater all day and the water is barely luke warm. What could be the problem. Also the water pump would get super loud noise towards the end on the cycle. Also where is the water pump located.

Once you find the water pump, if it was anything like ours, might or might not be actually mounted or screwed down. They do not install any flex hose in and out of the pump so when it is pumping it makes the pex tubing vibrate and rattle everything around it. I installed a loop in and out of the pump using hose and installed insulation on everything I could get to. Now you can hardly hear the pump. Since this pic there is a loop in the discharge side also.

Attachments

• Sundance water pump after.JPG
    Sundance water pump after.JPG
    90.9 KB · Views: 39

MurrayN.

Also check your outside shower and make sure that both knobs are completely closed. Even if you are not using water out there and the shower handle is in the cradle, the water will bypass through the fixture and give you cooler than normal water if your taps are open.

ccupton

Thanks everyone for the input. I will be working on this on friday. I also have a water leak somewhere in the coach. I noticed water dripping from the rear of the coach yesterday. At first I thought it was gas but it was not. Brand new coach and nothing but problems so far.