Took Delivery!

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
We took delivery of new 3670RL Friday afternoon!!!! Mike Moreland of Heartland and all of the people of River City/Southern Oregon RV (sister dealerships) in Medford, Oregon are great to work with. They went out their way to make sure we had our 5th wheel in time for Spring Break. We've spent the last couple of days packing it in preparation for the shake down trip this week. We aren't going far in case we find out we need something we didn't plan on needing.

The service dept. fixed a couple of things during the pdi. We've already found a couple more we need to have them fix before we go on a major trip.

Tip - Make sure the recliners are back to back and as far toward the back window as possible. One of the techs found out that the slide out molding will catch on the the recliner handle on the chair and pull off the wall. That was one of the things they fixed immediately.

The thermostat that controls the Fantastic Fan we had put n the BR doesn't seem to work. The fan does though as long as you do it manually. The molding on the bathroom door from the BR came off and I snapped it back on today. Didn't seem to have any glue to hold it in place, so we'll have to keep an eye on that. Can't get the surround sound to work right with the TV. Works fine with the DVD though. We'll play with that this week while we're camping. Sounds like it is a problem people have been having.

A thought for Heartland to consider in the future:
how about making a DVD for each model that shows how the major systems work and covers some of the more common questions people have? I know it would be a fair amount of work, but it would be a great reference for customers (especially those new to RV's like us) and it would take some of the pressure off of the customers during the pdi. Sometimes its hard to remember everything presented even though the dealership is patient and repeats whatever you ask them to. A DVD like that would really show people that Heartland is all about customer service and support. It also might cut down on service calls to dealerships and tech support calls to the factory. What do you think?:D

Can't wait to take it and really test everything! We're very excited!!

Ron Schoner

Tin Star
Congratulations, on your new 3670. I hope you enjoy it as much as Becky and I enjoy our 3670.

The only thing I have had a problem with is the locking pins on the land gear were lose and bent. Our dealership replaced them.

Good luck, hope to see ya on the road.

Ron & Becky

ChopperBill

Kewl! Just in time for summer! They don't hook up the TV to the surround sound but its pretty simple(if I could remember how :eek: ) A search in the Bighorn forum will give you the answer, or someone might chime in here.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Well that explains a lot. I thought it looked like something was missing. The problem is that to get to any of the jacks on the back of the TV, you have to take the TV off of its mount. It also looks like there should be a cable from the RV satellite jack behind the TV to the back of the TV so you can get sat. Am I right? Or does the cable go directly from the sat receiver to the TV? We don't have the dish and receiver set up yet to test my theory, but it looks that way to me.

Shoud be dish to the RV on the outside. RV to the receiver in the cabinet next to the TV. Receiver to the TV or to the jack that says satellite behind the TV? If you don't run a cable from that jack, what's it there for? That plate also has a cable jack that is connected to the back of the TV. If you also run audio cables from the TV to the DVD player you should get surround sound. Right?

And now that we really are owners, I'll sign with a real name.
Kristy

Tom of Ypsi

Kristy,

Congratualtions on your new rig. In your signature you might want to put what your tow vehicle is and what is pushing you. This will make it easier for others to answer any questions you may have on either.
I have a friend we call Ziggy, last name is Ziegwald.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
I just updated my signature, but I didn't think about putting in the tow vehicle. I guess I'll look up the last part of the VIN when I can.
Thanks.

dennylm

Congrats Kristy!!

We pick up our 3055 in a couple of weeks! We fell in love with the 3670 but had already bought the truck and just didn't have enough horses (or brakes) for the 3670. Maybe one day we can move up to y'all's "neighborhood"! :D

You have a fantastic trailer! Enjoy!!!!

Denny

GregH

Kristy,
Congratulations on your 3670RL. We took delivery on ours about ten days ago from Butch at RV's For Less in Knoxville. Then took a few days getting it back to Houston.

We had a similar problem with the trim on the BR wall that the bathroom sliding door hits. The fit was not very tight at all and there was a large gap. Butch snapped the entire piece of moulding out and then put a thick bead of silicone caulk all along the wall. Then he put the moulding back on being careful that there was no gap left when the sliding door hits the moulding. After a couple of hours, the silicone caulk took hold and it is now firmly in place.

Similar to Ron we had a bent pin on one of the landing gear snap clips. Waiting to hear from Butch on getting a replacement sent to me.

Only other problem we had was the screws were protruding through the dining table extension. Somebody either screwed them on too tight or else they are using screws that are too long. Butch is taking care of this and I expect a new extension will show up on my doorstep soon.

madigand

Congrats on your 3670. Picked up mine from Butch/Karen at RV's for Less on 28 March. Had auto King dome for satellite put on roof for when too lazy to set up dish. Butch spent 2 days tracing out wiring and getting it to work on Living room TV (had to run a separate line due to splitters in line). Other than bending snap pins, a minor leak in shower, adjustment of level on ice maker, and adjusting the 2 pot and pan drawers am very happy. For so much in a unit I feel that these are very minor problems. The only real headache was the satellite. Again Kudos to RV's for Less from one very happy owner :D

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Glad you like yours too. We spent 4 nights in ours last week and loved it. We did have the kitchen faucet leak out the top from under the handle, but River City sent a tech out to us in our camp ground (a few miles from the dealership) to fix it well enough for us to finish our stay. We'll need to have it replaced though since it does still leak if you push down on it at all. I'm sure they can do that when they replace the rear ladder, adjust a couple of latches, and do something with the ceiling fan that makes horrible noises when its running. Sounds like a vibration problem that just needs an adjustment of some sort. They also need to get the thermostat to control the Fantastic Fan in the BR and glue the bathroom door molding down so it doesn't pop off again.

Nothing that needs to be fixed had a huge impact on our trip, especially since they could get the faucet to work well enough to use for the time being. Boy, I never expected a dealership to make a "house call". What a great surprise!

BTW ... saw a Landmark on the road outside Medford, Oregon last Friday. Another surprise... not many Heartlands in this area yet.

Kristy

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Congrats on the new rig! We love our 3055 and have only found a few problems. The dealer said they're an easy fix, but we put the repair visit off until after the 4th of July to give ourselves a few more times out in the rig and because we have so many trips planned, we didn't want to chance of the trailer being in the shop when we have something scheduled.