New RKDD owner - questions?

skubedoo

Hi, Hope that you can answer our "New RKDD" questions:
1 - We have 2 gray water tanks with 37 gal capacity. What is the capacity of each tank?
2 - Concerned about finding water pump placed in cabinet next to converter and furnace. What if water line leaks and sprays water on converter?
3 - Dealer opened underbelly to connect missing heat duct/vent in Master Bedroom. No heat in Master Bedroom from duct. What can we do?

Thanks!

jimtoo

Hi skubedoo,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

According to the specifications, each tank is 37 gal. See the spec page here... http://www.heartlandrvs.com/index.p...NT+KING+30RKDD&view=floorplans&fcmd=showfplan

Hopefully someone that has moved the pump or has a NT has more information on the question about your pump and converter. On the other,,, dealer opened the belly and connected a duct... no one tested it after it was hooked up??? before it left the dealer????

Enjoy the forum and you should get some help soon...

Jim M

GaryWT

Hi, I just looked at the specs and just see the gray tanks listed as 1 37 gallon tank, where did you see that each is 37 gallons? I only ask because my 30QOK has 2 tanks as well and I am wondering how often I will need to connect a 2nd hose or move the hose over to the other tank.

skubedoo

Jimtoo,
We looked at your attached URL...thanks, but we have two gray tanks! The link that you sent says one tank @ 37 gallons. Just like GaryWT above, we would like to know what our total capacity of each gray tank. From the positions, looks like one is for kitchen and one for bathroom (shower & sink). Is it 37 gal. total or 37 gal. each?

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I looked at the link as well and agree it doesn't mention anything about 2 grey tanks. I'm pretty confident each tank capacity is 37 gallons. You shoould receive a reply from the factory today or you can call Heartland Customer service but be sure to have your VIN handy.

M

Mcreech

The 30RKDD does have 2 grey tanks and each tank is 37 gallons......NT uses the same size tanks in every NT unit not matter the model..