Black Water Tank Not Draining Completely - 2011 NC 27 BHS

Risk176

The DW and I own a 2011 North Country that we have now used a total of four times. The first time we drained the black water tank it seemed to drain good and slow at the end and then stopped. I assumed that the tank had drained completely. I looked inside the toilet to realize it had not. To keep a long story short, the trailer has been at the dealership twice now so the drain problem could be "fixed". The first time they found sealant in the drain line and told me this would fix the problem, it didn't. The second time back at the dealership they said the took the toilet off and found a cutout in the tank, they fished it out and tested the system (with just water I assume) and told me it was fixed. We just got back from another trip and guess what...the tank will not completely drain. When I got back home I opened the "belly pan" out of curiosity. From the looks of thing, it seem the pipes are elevated instead of the opposite. I now, for a third time, am going to call Heartland and take the TT to the dealership to get, hopefully, fixed.

Has anyone had this issue of the drain pipes being elevated? If so, what was done to fix the issue?

ultrafarmer

It might need to be repositioned, mine is ok but I too had a drain problem. I started leaving about 5 or more gal. of water in the tank after the dumping was done. This sure helped the next time because of driving and the agitation I get when I hit all the potholes in the roads around here. Good luck