Warranty

Ralph

I am new to rving and have just bought a new heartland 5th wheel and I would like to know if anyone has had a problem with heartland taking care of warrenty work.

jimtoo

Re: Warrenty

Hi Ralph,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

Heartland is great about taking care of problems that come up, as long as the dealer or repair tech follows proper procedures. Have you taken delivery of your unit yet? And if not please do a very good PDI when you do pickup the unit. If you do have problems the Heartland Family is here to help.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

noobee

I have found that HL was inconsistent when it comes to how they provided warranty service on my unit. Too often they refer me to the company that made the component instead of 'quarterback-ing' the problem between me & the component maker.
Please keep in mind that my 1-year warranty expired a few years ago. Hopefully, things have improved but based on some of the things that I have heard, I'm kind of doubtful.

CS

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator

Ralph, Welcome to the Heartland family & forum. Which 5th wheel did you buy? There are many Heartland Owners over there on the east half of our country. You should look into joining our Heartland Owners Club.

As for Heartlands Warranty, I think its as good as and in many cases better than any other RV manufacturer. You need to take some responsibility as an owner to inspect your coach periodically and make sure all caulking is in good shape. During your 1st year, your dealer should be the go between for warranty work. after that, similar to your house, if an appliance fails, you will need to contact either your dealer or the manufacturer of the appliance. Also check often for leaks in the plumbing system. At connections and fittings. It's best to find a drip before it becomes a flood.

One thing you will notice on the forum is factory participation. Heartland monitors certain areas and many cases responds to owners concerns. I don't know of any other manufacturer doing that. In addition, Heartland uses this forum to make changes to the product based on owner input.

Enjoy your new 5th wheel.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member

My lone experience with needing HL warranty work done was excellent. The dealer diagnosed the problem, got approval from HL, and tore apart the bedroom to fix it. No angst on my part. With a vendor that gave me the run around, somebody took my complaint from this forum and kicked somebody in the seat of the pants. Problem fixed.

Not only does HL monitor this forum, but one or two of their vendors do, as well. Dealing with the appliance vendors, rather than HL, for their warranty work is different from something like a new car or truck, but it puts you in direct contact rather than HL passing the info back and forth.

The other part of the equation is the dealer. They can make your warranty claims painless or a pain in the arse.

Ralph

I have taken delivery of my new 2011 Graystone 32 RE, I did not notice until I got it home that the front cap has some fading on it and I took it back to dealer. So far Heartland has not taken care of the problem, they seem to want to take short cuts in fixing the problem and the dealer can not get them to repair it the right way.

jimtoo

I have taken delivery of my new 2011 Graystone 32 RE, I did not notice until I got it home that the front cap has some fading on it and I took it back to dealer. So far Heartland has not taken care of the problem, they seem to want to take short cuts in fixing the problem and the dealer can not get them to repair it the right way.

I think you need to explain this a little better and also post a picture or two.