ATF: Greystone - Touch Audio Radio

thomison

Can you tell me how to turn off the weather radio, NOAA? I have reviewed the instructions and it says how to turn it on. Using the same instructions does not turn it off. This seems to be a common problem. Thanks

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
The following is a part of a post that I copied from an older thread relating to your problem. I can't say for sure that it will help you, but you might give it a try.

"Actually very easy to turn off the alarm! The user guide is pretty lame, but a couple of minutes with the remote in hand and waalaa, alarm turned off. I had inadvertantly turned it on when trying to set a wake up alarm. Turn the radio on and put on the noaa channel, press the alarm button on the remote and watch the display (there is a little speaker/horn icon). Once to turn on and once to turn off."

Peace
Dave

thomison

Thanks for your response. I saw you thread and tried it. It did not work. It does turn the alam off but not the NOAA radio. Wheneve NOAA send out an alert, the radio comes on. What I am trying now is to turn the NOAA radio to a channel, frequency, that the radio does not receive. The radio should not come on since it will not receive the code from NOAA when they send al alert.

pegmikef

I've never had the problem. The only time I even hear NOAA radio is when I use the mode button to change modes and it comes on when "CH 1" is displayed, but goes off when I go to the next mode (e.g., disc). Maybe you can just change the mode.