RM1350 Water Leak

TeleBack

Hi Everyone,

Just took delivery on 2011 Landmark San Antonio. We love the floor plan!

I am sad that my first post here has to be a negative one.

Our PDI was last Tuesday. Water was dripping out from under the front of the reefer above the drawer. The tech convinced me that it must have been from when the washed the camper. We went out to look and sure enough, there was some water inside the lower access panel. He wiped it down and closed up the panel.

Yesterday we noticed the water leaking again. I pulled the drawer from under from under the reefer. The drawer was water logged, there was water dripping in three places thru the particle board at the bottom of the reefer. Also, the trim at the bottom right is water-stained.

I went outside and removed the lower access panel. Just as I got it off, I saw water spew out the bottom of what looks like a selonoid. Guess what? The water line was not connected. I took some pics to email to my dealer this morning. Really lowers my confidence in the Tech that did the PDI with me. My feeling is that he should have noticed that line being disconnected. Especially since we were looking for a water leak!

Now I get to see how "Service after the sale" works! Wish me luck!

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Let me guess. Ice maker supply line?? If you can get to it easy enough, just reattach the tubing and test for leaks. No sense in paying for fuel to get back to the dealer for something that simple.

rebootsemi

Hi Everyone,

Just took delivery on 2011 Landmark San Antonio. We love the floor plan!

I am sad that my first post here has to be a negative one.

Our PDI was last Tuesday. Water was dripping out from under the front of the reefer above the drawer. The tech convinced me that it must have been from when the washed the camper. We went out to look and sure enough, there was some water inside the lower access panel. He wiped it down and closed up the panel.

Yesterday we noticed the water leaking again. I pulled the drawer from under from under the reefer. The drawer was water logged, there was water dripping in three places thru the particle board at the bottom of the reefer. Also, the trim at the bottom right is water-stained.

I went outside and removed the lower access panel. Just as I got it off, I saw water spew out the bottom of what looks like a selonoid. Guess what? The water line was not connected. I took some pics to email to my dealer this morning. Really lowers my confidence in the Tech that did the PDI with me. My feeling is that he should have noticed that line being disconnected. Especially since we were looking for a water leak!

Now I get to see how "Service after the sale" works! Wish me luck!

Your the same person that the tech said that there was a vent hole in the top of the fresh water tank. Water line not connected sounds par for the course. This dealer is giving Heartland a bad rep, all of these things should have been found and corrected by the dealer or factory before you ever touched the unit.

ChopperBill

I was lucky, the dealer didn't even plug my ice maker in. Good thing because the water line wasn't hooked up. That really didn't matter cause they didn't even turn the water valve on. Got to figure every thing out on my own.