Recent email from an RV dealer

ncf1108

I've been looking at purchasing a GS29MK Greystone. While trying to obtain the best deal, I recently contacted a dealer and this was his email reply. Perhaps someone could comment on this email reply!

Thanks,
Don

Quoted email reply:

"Thanks for your inquiry however we do not have a 29MK in stock as we are closing out our Greystone inventory due to quality issues."

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
That's pretty interesting. What will be even more interesting is to see if this gets any attention from Heartland. It could be that this dealer did not want to work within Heartlands Warranty guidelines.

ncf1108

Well I was impressed when I received a phone call from Jim at Heartland. I had a very nice conversation with him and will be doing an additional follow-up phone call with him tomorrow. I also did a follow-up email to the dealer in question and it was a warranty issue. I got the impression that he did not agree that something should have been covered under warranty. Regardless, I still plan on purchasing a Heartland, just need to do so more research between the Greystone and the Sundance model. There you have the latest.

Don

I've been looking at purchasing a GS29MK Greystone. While trying to obtain the best deal, I recently contacted a dealer and this was his email reply. Perhaps someone could comment on this email reply!

Thanks,
Don

Quoted email reply:

"Thanks for your inquiry however we do not have a 29MK in stock as we are closing out our Greystone inventory due to quality issues."

jimtoo

Hi Don,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family soon. Hope everything gets taken care of and you find the unit your looking for. The Heartland Family is here to help in any way we can.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

J

Jim_Hickey

Thanks for all of the feed back. As Don mentioned, we had a great conversation about the situation. Whenever there is a parting of ways in any business, there are always two sides to a story. The Sundance/Greystone division of Heartland RVs is the #5 selling fifth wheel in America. The last stats that just came out had us at #4. We can not attain such accolades if we had issues with our warranty department. Normally, the salesman that you would be speaking with on the front lines would truly have no idea why a manufacturer and a dealership have parted ways. That woud require the salesperson to come up with a story to try and sell the product lines they currently have access to. Ultimately, The Sundance and Greystone product lines continue to excel in the marketplace because of great quality, look and price. We look forward to you joining the Heartland family. Thanks to all of our loyal Heartland supporters!

Geodude

As an owner of a hot-off-the-press 2012 Greystone 33CK, I can say we are very happy and impressed with the quality of our camper. Only minor things to date are:

1) under the bunk slide, at the back of the trailer, I found foam bumper sitting on the lawn. The screws holding it in had been sheered clean off. I re-attached it with better screws.

2) the plastic storage "tub drawer" under the couch was stressed too much when it was screwed to the couch's kick plate, so the screw tore out of the hole at one corner and there is a variety of little parts sitting in the area. Not sure what to do about that other than attempt to repair it as best I can, myself. It looked like a case of "out of sight, out of mind.

3) the interior of the unit was quite dusty, and all the walls, appliances, etc., need to be wiped down. Not a big deal, and nothing that can't be solved with some personal time with a duster. (See my other posts on the saga of the television mount for some dust pictures).

4) I am having a very difficult time finding out from Greystone where to get another mounting bracket for the back of a television. It apparently is some kind of highly guarded secret. The mounts and wall brackets don't show a mfgr. I feel like I'm banging my head on the wall and all I'm getting is a headache!

Overall, love the trailer!

J

Jim_Hickey

Paul and Shelley, We always like to hear the feedback (good or bad). All units are wiped down thoroughly in the last step of the manufacturing process, but here is the deal. There is still dust in the vents and, I am sure, other nooks and crannys which causes shakedown. Ultimately, while the unit moves down the road, after production, there is always the opportunity for dust to get back on the counters, appliances, etc. This has been true for all 4 manufacturers I have worked for.
In regard to the mounting bracket, it is based on the bolt pattern on the back of the TV. We have no problem selling you an additional mounting bracket for your unit through our parts department, but there is no guarantee that it will work with your extra TV. Just talk to your local dealer and tell them to order you another bracket. If your TV has the same bolt pattern as our TV (100mm x 100mm) then we should be able to get you the bracket. If not, there is a chance that our additional swing arm we provide in the outside kitchen may not work with the bracket you go with. In that case, you would have to replace the swing arm as well.

Geodude

Thanks Jim, I appreciate the response and the input.

Indeed, the TV I want to put in the kitchen will work with the style of mount on the back of the TV that came in the bunk room. Also, the TV I want to use is also a 100mm x 100mm mount. I do have an extra articulating arm I could install in the kitchen but I much prefer the arm that came with the trailer because it has many more screws holding it to the wall (my spare arm has just two), and the arm that came with the trailer also has a nifty lock so that it stays put during travel. I will call the dealer in the morning to see if they can get me one.

Geodude

Thanks John, I had a look at it looks like it's not a Jensen mount, unfortunately. Thanks for the lead though.

Yesterday I installed an articulating arm I had from our old TT, and it will work for now but it's not nearly as good as what Heartland provided from the factory, so I really want to solve this. I can't believe a quick email to my dealer or a posting here or a posting on Facebook hasn't resulted in an equally quick reply "it's a XXXX mount". Sure seems like a big mystery.

I'm going to have to spend some extra time on the phone this week and will call the factory and the dealer.

Geodude

Hi Jim - Much appreciated, thanks. I think things should be ok now, as I received an email from Kathy at RV Capital Wholesalers, and we subsequently chatted on the phone. It runs out she called over to the factory and identified the bracket I need for the back of the TV based on the picture I sent of back of the existing TV, and the technicians at their shop also confirmed it's the right one. She was going to pick it up from the factory and drop it off at the post office, rather than UPS it, as UPS charges too much to cross the border. Great service! So at this point I'm happy to say it appears things are working out.

As for the dust, it sure was in some odd places, including all over the outside kitchen, although it was no match for me and 20 minutes with a Swiffer. I still have to figure out the broken plastic drawer for the under-couch storage but that's for another day and I suspect it'll be an easy fix.