Big Horn vs Big Country

lynda7

Any Big Country owners out there? Being it is so new, we wanted to learn all we could. Some people have purchased the Big Horn over the Big country, saying there was more value in the Big Horn. I thought the difference was mainly the ammenities??? Thanks for help!None

ChopperBill

We bought our BH before the BC came out. The 3055 has a floor plan that only one other manufacture has that I am aware of and is under 34 feet, My limits on a FW as we double tow. If we didn't double tow the 2 foot longer BC 3300 looks darn good to me. I even like the floor plan better now that I have been looking around. The dining table and living room slide out give you the big windows on the door side. Something I didn't even consider when we were looking but would now. I probably wouldn't let the Corian counters influence me as much (don't think the new models are Corian) as I like Formica as well if not better after having Corian.

DaleR

HI Lynda7
We bought the Big Country 3075. We started out looking at the Sundance with the rear kitchen, and just happened to step into the BC to look around, and thats all it took. It has the king size bed, three slide outs, a very large basement, also the docking station. (at 66 it's a lot better for the body to stand and do the dumping) I would say it's a little brother to the Big Horn but cheaper in price. (a little less fluff)
Packer.

Purchased a 09 3250TS BC, in April, a lot of bang for the buck. Tinted windows really help on hot Arkansas days, (one air condition 15000), no problem cooling. Lots of storage, great floor plan. Easy towing a plus. Added awning toppers & fireplace. Very well insulated.

travelin

todalake

BC owner

We looked hard at the BC and BH before settling on the BC. The are some threads that have a list of differences between the two. I did order 7000# axles and dual pane windows with ours. The frame and most components are the same. You will need to look at the threads for the differences and decide for yourself what they are worth. Example some want the fiberglass end cap(BH) and some don't care(BC). I think you will be happy with either choice. I'm too old to care what other people think and so made decision on what I wanted. Some BH owners want the extras and wouldn't be satisfied with BC. Some Landmark owners wouldn't be happy with a BH. And the owner a big Class A motor home wouldn't want a cheap Landmark.:( If you do upgrade to 7000# axles, whine to dealer to MAKE sure that they put on the Goodyear G tires on at the factory. Otherwise about a $1200 if you do it later. Lots of discussion here about Chinese tires.