1950s Auto Test

jnbhobe

I liked it Dave, and I didn't score bad only 48 out of 48 !! 100% it almost got me on a couple of them Mopars.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Seeing a trend here.......the older you are the higher the score.:D:D:D

Peace
Dave

TedS

cool man. Got 44 out of 48. I guess I'm old ehough. Learned to drive in a '51 Studebaker Champion; the cool guy in town had a propeller on the front bullet nose. Drove a '56 Chevy in college; the tube-type radio ran the battery down while we were 'parking'. You could always push start the car.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I got 100. I had trouble with the mopar group too but like several other groups, the process of elimination worked pretty good. A little bit before my era but not too far. The Fords and GM line were the easiest.

Attachments

• test.JPG
    test.JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 15

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
I got 100. I had trouble with the mopar group too but like several other groups, the process of elimination worked pretty good. A little bit before my era but not too far. The Fords and GM line were the easiest.

So you got a hundred huh??? Guess that makes you the oldest.....even older than Jim Too.:p

I only got 41 right. Does that make me the youngest???? :D

TomMar

Retired Texas-South Chapter Leader
92% here - but I was only 10 years old when most of those cars came out................

Ray LeTourneau

So you got a hundred huh??? Guess that makes you the oldest.....even older than Jim Too.:p

I only got 41 right. Does that make me the youngest???? :D
Well I'm not near as old as Jimtoo.:eek:
Cars were my main interest even before I was old enough to drive. I rebuilt a Chevy small block when I was 13 (1960). I had neighbors that were car buffs and I hung around their garage quite a bit. I'd guess I had around 12 or 13 cars when I was between the ages of 15 and 20. Worked as a filling station mechanic both before and after the Navy and still tinker with anything that doesn't need a computer to diagnose.:confused:

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Ray, 12-13 cars in 5 years?? Thats one of 3 things. Couldn't fix right, really hard on them or made lots of money buying and selling. I know that I'm not as old as Jim2...no one is that old....not even dirt. "He who walks with the dinosaur's" is J2's battle cry. LOL

Ray LeTourneau

Ray, 12-13 cars in 5 years?? Thats one of 3 things. Couldn't fix right, really hard on them or made lots of money buying and selling. LOL
Believe it or not, I would get bored or find something I liked better. Ya gotta remember, we could buy used cars back then for a few hundred bucks. I would fix em up and sell em...

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Ray, yes that is true. You could get a "deuce" roadster for a $100.00. Good luck with that now.....you have to add a lot of zero's to that $$ figure.