Sofa

MLJ

I have a Big Horn RL3400. I want to move my sofa from the slide area to the rear in front of big windows and the recliners to the current sofa location. Has anyone done this? Also, does anyone know of a sofa sleeper that will work in this area? It has to be 27" deep or less and a maximum of 77" long because of slides. If not, does anyone have a recommendation for making the current sofa more roomy? It is fairly small for two adults to sleep on. Thanks for any help and suggestions.

dieselsweetheart

We have an '06 3400RL and we switched the sofa and the chairs last season. Love it that way! Much more room at the table for the people sitting on that side of the table...I didn't think I'd like swapping the furniture...but now I wonder why I waited so long to try it! Try it...you'll like it!

tweber

Founding Wisconsin Chapter Leader-Retired
MLJ, I have a '06 Big Horn 3600RL, and I moved the sofa from the slide out to the back in front of the window. I leave it in the back and the slides are able to clothes. What year is your Horn? In '07 or '08 Heartland made some changes and there was not enough room to move the sofa to the back in some models. I may suggest try putting the sofa in the back and see how the big slide will close. I know what you mean about the sofa being small. In fact my DW has talked about looking for a new sofa when we are at the Heartland rally in June. Good luck.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
As Tom stated...make sure you measure the depth of the couch. Some of the newer coaches are shorter in the rear. BTW, use some furniture slides to move stuff...works alot better.

rick_debbie_gallant

yUP furniture slides are the trick for the sofa. We move the sofa and chairs around when we "land". Then just before we "take-off" we switch things back to their original positions. But it would be nice if there were a little more room so we could leave things permanent.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
We ended up replacing our couch...didn't use the airbed that often...maybe 3-4 times in four years. Kids can sleep on an air mattress...

found this couch at CSNsofas.com...it's only 31", front to back, and we have 32" of clearance for both slides...works great...

http://www.csnsofas.com/angelo-HOME-HEP-S48-DAB86A-ANH1036.html

Here's what it looks like in my Bighorn...

Attachments

• 100_0021.jpg
    100_0021.jpg
    568.3 KB · Views: 149