Sewer Not Draining

tbs

I have a new Heartland North Country trailer and have been very happy with it except for one thing. The sewer tank is really hard to get to drain. It has happened twice and I think I figured out the problem. I tried to drain the tank one time and it would only trickle out. After attaching the water hose to the flush valve it finally started to drain. The second time I tried everything and it would not drain. I finally put a spray end on the end of the water hose and pushed it up the drain pipe and it finally started draining out (that was messy). After I got it drained and cleaned out, I put the water hose on the flush attachment and then went inside and looked down the toilet with a flashlight. I can see two to three pieces of plastic moving around in the tank. They are the pieces of the tank that were cored out for the toilet connection. Once is black, this is the core from the tank. The other is black on one side and white on the other. Not sure what that one is from. They are all perfectly round with a small hole in the middle so I know they are the core pieces. I think these pieces are covering the drain pipe end preventing me from draining the sewer tank. I would assume this should be covered under warranty. Any suggestions?<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

jimtoo

Hi tbs,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

Yep... it could get pretty nasty. If your seeing things like that, I'm sure you have found the problem. I would take it to your dealer and let them pull the tank and remove the parts.

Enjoy your new unit and the forum.

Jim M

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I wonder if it would be possible to back fill the tank via the sewer connection (Flush King) until water starts to rise in the toilet pipe to the tank. With a little luck, elbow length rubber gloves and a long reach, you might be able to "fish" them out if they come up for air. Kinda like ice fishing, without the ice.

rebootsemi

Do not know about a North Country but on our Sundance it is the depth of the basement to the top of the black tank. I could get at it by cutting off the 3" DWG pipe going into the top of the tank.
If the tank is right below the toilet they could remove the tiolet and maybe fish out the cut outs.
Drag it back to the dealer and have them do the nasty. I think I would want to be there when they fish out the pieces. Guess the bozo's at the factory do not flat give a crap about anything to do with quiality,,,unbelievable!

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
You would think it would be a simple matter to reach in and retrieve the cut-outs when the hole is cut...in a new, dry tank. Maybe the guy that leaves them in should be sent to fish them out of a dirty tank.

But this isn't Heartland specific. Our SOB tow-behind had debris in it's black tank, too. Like chunks of styrofoam, a broken drill bit, and some wood pieces. And even after taking it back to the dealer for a leaky valve, it still filled behind the cap. That's where I learned the value of the secondary twist-on valve.