A few questions about my new Elk Ridge 35 QSQB

New member/owner here. Learning alot on this forum! We love our Elk Ridge 35QSQB and we have a few questions that someone out there may already know the answers to:

1. Where do you turn on the larger white light located on the outside near the front of the rig? Porch light is on but it's yellow I dont see another swith for the other light. My RV Park neighbor called his a security light.

2. How do you flush the second holding tank? I see the release valve but don't know where to flush it.

3. There is a water connection on the outside of the rig near where the refrig is located (to the left of the outdoor speakers) but I have no idea what that is for. Anybody know?

Thanks!

David

jimtoo

Hi David,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

You have not had any replies yet and I don't understand why... so I am moving this to another area where hopefully you can get answers. I don't have an Elk Ridge so I can't help you myself.

Enjoy the forum and your new unit.

Jim M

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
I don't think I can be of much help but if you have nothing better to do...one of our outside security light switches is located at the bottom of the entry door just inside to the right. Lets you turn on some lights before entering the rig. I believe there is only one tank flush and its for the black tank.

Best Wishes!

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
David, do you have the coat closet by the entry door?? If you do, the switch for the security (scare) lite should be in there. It could on a rocker switch or a house type lite switch. It should be marked as such..."security". Have someone stand outside and 1 at a time turn on each switch. Maybe the label's missing or fell off.

The fitting outside might the black tank flush. ALWAYS use a different hose for that......never your fresh water hose. There is only 1 tank you can flush....the black tank. Your best bet for keeping your grey tanks clean is to put some water in them and pour some dawn dish soap down the drain. That will keep the grease and other stuff from staying in the tank and smells better. It also helps keeps the tank sensors clean. We even put dawn in the black tank with some water. All this works for us and never get any smells in the coach.

Thank you all for the great advice! Bob&Patty, I will have to try the dawn dish soap trick. We have been really paranoid about grease and such so that will help. I did find a $3 drain basket that was in the bathroom aisle in WalMart that fits perfectly in the kitchen sink drain! Looks like it is supposed to go there.
No light switch labeled security, but I will go through 1 by 1 tonight.
I have 2 switches located just inside that turns lights on under the front stairs outside and the other turns on a light inside at the stairs. I do have the coat closet and will have to try all of them again.

Last edited:

olcoon

We have an Elk Ridge, but different floor plan. On ours just inside the door (our door is at the rear of the rig & I think yours is in the middle), there is a door on the wall. Inside it are switches for various lights, the elec. HW heater switch, and the level indicators for all the tanks. One of the switches is labeled "DS Security Light", that is the one that turns on the "scare light". I'm thinking that the "water connection" you are talking about is actually a propane fitting for hooking up a BBQ grill or something like that. It probably is brass, and kind of looks like a compressed air quick connect, and will have a pipe going to it, instead of some type of pex line, or hose. Hope this helps!

We have an Elk Ridge, but different floor plan. On ours just inside the door (our door is at the rear of the rig & I think yours is in the middle), there is a door on the wall. Inside it are switches for various lights, the elec. HW heater switch, and the level indicators for all the tanks. One of the switches is labeled "DS Security Light", that is the one that turns on the "scare light". I'm thinking that the "water connection" you are talking about is actually a propane fitting for hooking up a BBQ grill or something like that. It probably is brass, and kind of looks like a compressed air quick connect, and will have a pipe going to it, instead of some type of pex line, or hose. Hope this helps!

Thanks, olcoon. I looked for anything labeled security and tried all the switches. Still no light came on. Thinking of getting on the ladder and checking the bulb. Could be a bad one. I did find the propane fitting on the front. (Can't wait to hook that up!) The water connection looks just like the one I hook my hoses to at the water hookup area on the other side of the rig. It is right under the vent area for the fridge but not labeled anything. I'm going to look under the fridge on the inside and see if I can tell what it's hooked up to.

Thank you!

We just prchased a QSQB. The scare light on ours only works from the remote. Its is one of the little buttons where you turn the remote on. The rear black tank flush is just in front of the rear door. The drain valve for our rear tank is in between the 2 rear slides on the drivers side. The dealer didnt know where the dump valve was. I found it once I got home and started snooping around a little more. Hope this helps!

Brian