Cyclone Black Water Tank vent cover.......a "Newbie" lesson

lduguay

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Sooooooo, I get the Cyclone Black Water Tank vent "cap" that swivels, promotes good airflow and looks very cool, (I am a newbie). I climb onto the roof of our 2011 BC 3250TS.....and BEHOLD, there are 4 vent pipes!!!

Thus my dilema began......how to figure out which pipe!! Call Heartland for schmatics??......post on the forum??......or just PM Jim Beletti!!?? OF COURSE, I seek the sage wisdome of JB :rolleyes: and yes, his quick response is the best phone number to call...another suggestion was to put a hose down the pipes and see which tank was draining....2 very good responses!! Thanks Jim!!

However, I got to thinking.....a dangerous think to do......and thought.....if the water deal works, then maybe there is a better way and far less complicated...............and here it is.......a quick, easy and accurate method for determining the correct pipe to cap!

All you have to do is:

1. Climb onto your camper roof
2. Instruct DW to stick her head into the toilet.....(after flushing)
3. Have here scream "CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW!!??"
4. You listen to each pipe while holding nose.

You WILL get the correct pipe if DW is loud enough!! :cool:

I hope this helps someone out there avoid the "sniffing" method!!.....and also have just a little fun with the DW while you "splain" what she has to do :angel:

Lance

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Brave, but short-lived, man who tells his wife to stick her head in the toilet.

Another idea would be to first look at the tank vent pipes in the basement. They normally run straight up from the tank, and the black tank is usually under the toilet.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Brave, but short-lived, man who tells his wife to stick her head in the toilet.

Another idea would be to first look at the tank vent pipes in the basement. They normally run straight up from the tank, and the black tank is usually under the toilet.
Actually John, I think it would be far more interesting to see how Lance's wife responds when he asks her to stick her head in the toilet. Aren't you a trained EMT or Paramedic. He may need one!!!

rebootsemi

The stupidity of man, talk about playing Russian roulette with a fully loaded gun, stick to the water hose method much safer.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Actually John, I think it would be far more interesting to see how Lance's wife responds when he asks her to stick her head in the toilet. Aren't you a trained EMT or Paramedic. He may need one!!!

EMT-Basic, actually. It's beyond my scope of training, however, to reattach a severed head. Regardless of which one she lops off.:eek:

Considering the layout of my rig, there are four vents. One at the nose is for the washer/dryer drain. The one towards the rear is the galley tank, Gray #2. One on the ODS side, over the basement is the lavatory/shower, Gray #1. And the one next to it, towards the DS, is the black tank. In the basement, I can see both of the vent pipes rising from the tanks into the wall space. I know HL's assembly line may do some questionable stuff, but I doubt that they criss-cross the vent pipes.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Ummmm, Lance, I think you'd better try your tag line, “I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.” :rolleyes: on your wife right about now!

lduguay

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
LOL, gotta love this forum!!! Yep, wife is a pretty good sport......I DID give her the option of roof or toilet :angel:

The pipe setup on the 3250 has 3 pipes within 12" of each other.....2 are closer together (these were grey tank vents) and 1 about 6" away from those.....this was the "stinky" pipe......the 4th was at front above the washer/dryer.

Oh Gus, it WAS my tag line that got her to cooperate!!! :rolleyes:

mountain1

Lance after meeting you and Kim I stay amazed as to why she has kept you around all these years. love can only take you so far.

Don

FARMER45

Get up on roof, put nose to each vent take a deep breath, you should be able to tell which one is the black water , pretty fast