Questions About Using 303

bighorn3370

I would like to start using 303, but I have a few questions. What do you use to apply it? Is 303 safe for the roof, front and rear caps, side walls, awning and decals? If you get a little sloppy and it gets on the windows or something, does it wipe off? Lastly, how often do you apply it? Thanks! -Ernie

Also, can it be used on the slide out seals? Also, do you wax the RV too?

Last edited:

SilverRhino

I have been using 303 for a number of years and really like it. To answer your questions:

1) I apply it with a micro fiber window washing tool, about 14 inches wide that is on an extendible painters pole.
2) It is not a wax so it is safe for the fiberglass, vinyl and decals. I have not used it on the roof....think it would be very slick.....Not sure about this one.
3) I have not had any problems getting it off my windows.....use it sparingly.....a little goes a long way!! I stop when I think I have about 1/3 of what I need. It also works well to just spray it on the applicator.....goes only where you want it then.
4) I apply mine to the entire trailer once in the spring when taking the trailer out of storage and then again in the fall. I do the front cap about once very 3 months.

Another thing.....303 works great on the tires too! Of course don't forget the TV dash, vinyl trim etc..

Hopefully this helps......Not an expert, just passing on what I do.

Travel Safe!

Last edited:

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
What Randy said.. :) with the exception that I do use it on my roof. And I use a cheap sponge mop to apply it. It's made where we live and I have been using it for over 15 years. Good stuff.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I have been looking all over the place for some 303.. Where is it available?

Also I though 303 was for the rubber on the slides. I didn't know you could use it on the sides of the trailer.

BC

slmayor

Bob, you can get it directly from 303 online maybe a little cheaper than CW. Most RV parts places should have it. You can pretty much use it anywhere. My 2008, stored outside trailer, has graphics that look like new. Twice a year I get up on the roof and hang over the edge and wipe the top slide seals. The side ones a few more times. I usually wipe the graphics, let it soak in , then wax over the top as per the 303 directions. I'm currently using a marine wax with good results.

slmayor

Bob, yep, the protectant. Some auto parts stores should have it as well. I have used the fabric protectant in my car and on the furniture in the trailer with good results.

traveler44

Hi. Ernie I wash my roof with Dawn dish soap and rinse well. After it drys I mop on 303. I use it on the slideout seals and the trim around the windows. It is supposed to be good for decals but I haven't figured out how to JUST do the decals with it. I like waxing the sides with Nufinish. I use a cheap sponge mop because 303 is about as thin as water and I just spread it around on the roof. I use it about twice a year. Tom M

Last edited:

SilverRhino

Great.......After reading the comments I have to buy more 303 and get my son up on the roof of the BC!! He'll be so excited when I tell him that the Dawn was just step #1 ;)

Now where is that window mop........

bighorn3370

Thanks For all good information. The local cummins dealer has it Michigan also. I hope it drys out this weekend and I can give BH some TLC.

pegmikef

I use a cheap sponge mop because 303 is about as thin as water and I just spread it around on the roof. I use it about twice a year. Tom M

How much 303 does it take to do the roof? The cheapest I have found it is Amazon.com (63 bucks/gallon including shipping), and the only other place I have found it in San Angelo, TX is in a local detail and they are a little pricey.

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Has anybody used the 303 protectant on the clear headlight lenses?? Can't see where it would hurt and might be protect it from the UV rays so it doesn't craze.