Unicoi State Park, Georgia, Big Brook Loop Slide Out Site Recommended

floridarandy

Greetings -

We're scheduled to spend 2 weeks at the Park this summer and have some concern for sites that can accomodate our rig with slide-outs on both sides. Although we're "short" (32') we understand this park has sites that are more "traditional narrow".

We'd appreciate anyone who's camped this loop to let us know the best sites for "width". I understand there are no guarantees as I talked to a Ranger there who said "first come" on choice of sites. I really hope NOT to have to live with a slide retracted!

Help appreciated.

Randy and Karen

Stinger381

I haven't been to Unicoi with the RV yet but it is a beautiful park. I think you will find with many of the older Georgia State Parks that the camp sites were built after the War and they weren't even thinking about large campers much less campers with Slides. We stayed at Red Top Mountain last year near Cartersville and while it was a beautiful park there were only about 8 sites in the main campground that were suitable for large campers. They had built a new pull-thru area for the large campers but it wasn't really nestled in the trees to give you that North Georgia Mountain feel that you go there for. Good luck on finding a nice site and I imagine the campground will be packed when you get there as it stays full most of the summer!