Multiple Batteries

HessRaP

Hello everyone. DW and I have been roaming various rv lots, forums and manufacturer sites looking for our future 5th wheel. We've checked out layouts we could be comfortable with and have looked closely at various manufacturers and pros and cons of what others have to say about them. After quite a few months, we've come down to deciding on Heartland as our prospective manufacturer and we are seriously looking at the BC3450TS model. Question I have right now is has anyone installed multiple batteries, be they 6volt or 12's, and were there any modifications to get them installed in this model or any of the BC models?
Thanks all for your answers,
Ray

I have a BC3450TS. When I ordered mine, I ordered a second 12volt battery from the factory. That way, I had the second vent installed by them. Made a nicer looking job, and everything matched.

Hockster

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
I have a BC3450TS. When I ordered mine, I ordered a second 12volt battery from the factory. That way, I had the second vent installed by them. Made a nicer looking job, and everything matched.

Hockster

Is a second vent needed for a second battery?

I should have made my statement a little more clear.
My #1 battery is located under the hydraulic valve and storage tank.
The #2 battery is located in the front compartment, or I guess you would call this the generator compartment.
I have a vent for the #1 battery above the front compartment door, and about 4 inches to the Right of that I have my vent for the #2 battery.
If they were located together, you could just "T" them into one vent, but these are on different sides of a compartment partition.
The way mine was done from the factory, the vents match the exterior color of the coach.
I hope this helps.

Hockster

=======================================================================================================================================

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Thanx. I am in the process of adding a second battery in my bat box. There is enough room for a second one. Just checking to make sure it did not bred more venting.

Seb

Pardon my ignorance, but why a 2nd battery? Is it for dry camping? We have a 3450TS . Would 1 not be sufficient?
Thanks
Seb

branson4020

Icantre Member
Yes, multiple batteries are for dry camping. You can easily use 150 Amp hrs in one day when dry camping. especially if it's cold and your furnace runs a lot.

Bob Vaughn

Living in Florida when hurricanes come it is always nice to have that second battery to enable us to watch weather warnings on the 12 volt tv .....being without power is not unusual but I do not worry because I have my 3250TS standing at the ready. We recently had a thunderstorm and a tree took out the power and cable to the stick house for 4 days......all of our neighborhood was in the dark........only candle power....

Wharton

Our BH3670 came with 2 batteries. One in the battery compartment and one in the front storage bin. If I had known the Landmark had a slide out for 2 batteries I would have asked if that could have been installed. It seems to me if Heartland is going to supply 2 batteries they should provide the space and tray for them.

ChangingPlaces

Hi Ray
We had installed 4x 6 volt AGM Deep Cycle @ 390ahr each, backed up by solar panels. We havethem installed in the front locker stacked on top of each other boxed up with an open top. They are no maintenance as I did not want to have to worry about them. The reason for this set up is that we are looking to go fulltime, freedom camping in the near future and do not want to rely on camping grounds. So if you use you heating in the winter you can chew up a lot of power. One other thing we did is change all of our lights to Led's, that made a amazing difference. Hope this helps.
Cheers Paul