Hitch Weights

HessRaP

Hello aain veryone. With DW and I new to the 5th wheel market we obviously have a few questions to ask. I'm not sure if this is the correct location, but here goes. I'm having some confusion regarding hitch weights. Are they "in addition" to the listed dry weights or are they "part of the dry weight"? I know that they will change as you load up and no two are the same even on similar models. Just trying to get a handle on this. Thanks all for your responses.

Ray

jimtoo

Hi Ray,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and the Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

The dry weight is total weight as it comes off the assembly line. It does include the axles and pin weight. Of course what is listed in the specs on the web site is the normal unit before options. When you purchase yours it should have a tag on the door opening giving actual weight of that unit, as it rolled out the door. No water, no battery, no propane is included as I understand it.

Enjoy the forum and go camping.

Jim M

HessRaP

Thanks Jim for your response. I was thinking that was the correct way to figure it, but wanted someone in the know to confirm it.
Ray

Speedy

Ray,
Hitch weight is referring to the trailers weight at the king pin. As Hoefler stated above it is 20% to 30% of your trailers GVW.